Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Addition to the mobile skins
 |  Printable Version
LydiaDefountain
 Sunday, June 10 2012 @ 08:25 PM UTC (Read 1703 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I was thinking..

and well on most mobile devices there isn't a ` button.. which makes using colour codes difficult... is there a way to get maybe a ` button added on by the chat boxes on those two skins to make it easier for people to rp with their chosen colours without having to copy/paste the `?

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Sunday, June 10 2012 @ 09:01 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

It'd be tricky...

What sort of device and keyboard do you use? Can you not remap a long-press to the ` key?

Profile Email Website
LydiaDefountain
 Sunday, June 10 2012 @ 09:15 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

That's the thing..

it's been a common complaint from people I've rp'd with that have a i'pad that their using, and has been one of the reasons I decided against getting myself a tablet myself.. mainly because I know one of the main things I'd want to use it for is the Island and when I was testing a tablet about to buy it.. I confirmed it didn't have the `.. is there a way to remap it with the tablets? I am a bit behind the times with their technology.. but if so I'd likely factor that in the next time I'm in a position to maybe get one.

I just thought I'd suggest it because I have heard the complaint a few times.. and with the talk of the ad skin the thought came to me that maybe there was a way to solve the trouble of that...

Profile Email
Collin-Vee
 Sunday, June 10 2012 @ 09:52 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Perhaps CMJ could temporarily change the Mobile skin colour key to a backslash? It seems to me that it would be the most elegant button to use, and generally, I don't see many people using it that often. It's more a temporary solution though, if it's even possible.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Sunday, June 10 2012 @ 10:29 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

The logic that renders the page is a really long way away from the code that accepts your input. This is a much bigger job than it might seem... but there might be a way. I'll have a proper look when I get back.

Profile Email Website
Genevieve
 Monday, June 11 2012 @ 03:42 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

iPads and iPhones do have a ` key, you must hold your finger on the ' key and it will come up as an option, as if putting an accent over an n!

This was an issue that frustrated me for a while, too, but now I rp on my iPad quite a lot! The process of adding a ` by holding only takes a few seconds longer, and is perhaps as tedious as adding a number or a regular quotation mark.

I do not know if this applies to i-devices that are not running iOS 4 or higher, though.

Blackberrys have the key as well, in the symbol menu.

Profile Email Website
LydiaDefountain
 Monday, June 11 2012 @ 05:31 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Genevieve

iPads and iPhones do have a ` key, you must hold your finger on the ' key and it will come up as an option, as if putting an accent over an n!

This was an issue that frustrated me for a while, too, but now I rp on my iPad quite a lot! The process of adding a ` by holding only takes a few seconds longer, and is perhaps as tedious as adding a number or a regular quotation mark.

I do not know if this applies to i-devices that are not running iOS 4 or higher, though.

Blackberrys have the key as well, in the symbol menu.

Huh, I didn't know that... I'll try to point it out to others that may be having trouble and try it out myself if I shop about for one myself again.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.29 seconds
New Topic Post Reply