Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Wanted - monsters with meat!
 |  Printable Version
Count Sessine
 Monday, September 03 2012 @ 03:23 AM UTC (Read 1388 times)  
Forum Moderator

This is a call for more monsters! This time... we wants us some good, meaty ones. None of yer thin abstractions what wouldn't feed a flea! *

A reminder of some other things that make a monster fun:

==> Tell a little story -- with emphasis on little. Don't write huge walls of text. Short and attention-grabbing, that's what we want.

==> Start with a hook. The first sentence should make people want to read the rest.

==> It's okay to suggest targets for puzzle combat. Just add them at the end of the monster description.

--
* Well, any monster is good if it's good. You have a notion to submit something clever and funny like the NewDay, please do! This is just to let you know, if you're still groping around looking for an idea, that potential for cookery will be a definite plus. There are some levels where meat is very scarce, and now that cooking is actually useful again, I'd like to fill them in a bit.

Profile Email
Awesome Fred
 Monday, September 03 2012 @ 03:29 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Which levels in particular are going to receive the bulk of these submissions? Certain levels have multiple-mob issues, which drain combat rounds, inflate chempack gains, multiply the benefit of the Zombie gain, etc. More importantly, the text can reference different things if we know what level the player will encounter it at, for the purposes of newbies "getting" them.

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Monday, September 03 2012 @ 03:36 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Mostly level 1 and level 5. Level 16 is also really low on both monsters and meat, which matters to people hunting suicidally at level 14.

Level 17 has never had any meat, and I don't plan to change that.

Profile Email
Full Metal Lion
 Wednesday, September 05 2012 @ 12:29 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I accept this challenge, in my own incredibly straight-forward way!

Profile Email Website
Twosocks Monkey
 Wednesday, September 05 2012 @ 11:24 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Well updating my monster list there's definitely a few that could get fixed up meatwise.

People on streets I think would make quite a lot of sense to have more meat than 'standard human' which is what it has now 1, 2, 1.

Granted that's level fifteen but....

I WILL PUT ON THE THINKING CAP.

-moo

moooooooooo Visit and help me finish the monster list: goo.gl/rpBGe (Ya'll mostly know me as CLOG, fyi)

Profile Email Website
Ada
 Thursday, September 06 2012 @ 03:29 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Twosocks+Monkey

Well updating my monster list there's definitely a few that could get fixed up meatwise.

People on streets I think would make quite a lot of sense to have more meat than 'standard human' which is what it has now 1, 2, 1.

Granted that's level fifteen but....

I WILL PUT ON THE THINKING CAP.

-moo

I definitely agree - there are a lot of monsters that sound quite meaty but have nothing much at all!

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.26 seconds
New Topic Post Reply