Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 New Distractions
 |  Printable Version
Anonymous: Escemfer
 Saturday, September 08 2012 @ 01:16 AM UTC (Read 2541 times)  

The new Distraction system is awesome. The playername search is awesome, the mass-distract list is awesome, the search-by-clan is awesome, and most of all, the sent box is awesome. I've been wanting a nicer Distraction system for-eeeeveeeerrr.

Lest this be just a repeat of the sentiments in the Thank You thread, however, can I make a couple of requests/suggestions?

--The ability to unselect recipients after you've clicked their names would be pretty nice (in case of misclick)
--CC and BCC options would be really neat, if possible; the current system is set up for BCC (there's no indication of who else a message might have been sent to) whereas seeing a list of the other recipients could be useful for players trying to coordinate a scene or event, or who have received a clan-wide Distraction and might want to send a clan-wide Distraction back
----Relatedly, a Reply to All function would be pretty sweet, but it doesn't seem like that would work with the current system, since every player receives an individual copy of the original message (as far as I can tell, anyway).

--Mostly, I would really love to see the Clan Distraction feature return. I think this is a useful tool for clans with a lot of members and clans who send a lot of mass Distractions back and forth. (I don't know if any clans but my own tend to do that, however, so that might not be a useful tool for anyone else.)

In any case, further tweaks/improvements/additions (or lack thereof) not withstanding, the new system rocks me to my very socks, and is way better than the old one. Big Grin

Ada
 Saturday, September 08 2012 @ 03:11 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Whoa, I did not notice that we lost clan distracts because I hadn't had to send one yet. I would definitely like to have those back! I think not having them will be pretty confusing. We can certainly preface all clan distracts with HI EVERYONE THIS IS A CLAN MAIL, but given how often people forget to sign the things, I don't think anyone will ever remember to do that.

It would also kind of suck hardcore if you were the leader of, say, CAKE. And had to distract everyone at once.

Profile Email
Anonymous: Escemfer
 Saturday, September 08 2012 @ 03:40 AM UTC  

Quote by: Ada

It would also kind of suck hardcore if you were the leader of, say, CAKE. And had to distract everyone at once.

That was my thought (besides how much easier clan distracts make it to spam DICE members' inboxes with nonsense). I think we've got a few clans here with upwards of 50 members (even 70 or so, if I'm remembering right), in which case a Clan Distraction button would be far more convenient than clicking all 50 (or 70) names one by one.

Cherriki Ten
 Saturday, September 08 2012 @ 08:58 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Escemfer

Praising post about new distractions

What she said.

"Optimist: Person who travels on nothing from nowhere to happiness." -Mark Twain.

Profile Email
Collin-Vee
 Saturday, September 08 2012 @ 09:48 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Cherriki+Ten

Quote by: Escemfer

Praising post about new distractions

What she said.

Ditto.

Profile Email
Full Metal Lion
 Saturday, September 08 2012 @ 10:04 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Oo! What if we could set up different different groups of people to Mass-Distract, and your clan was just automatically added to that? Then you could, say, send a Distraction to everyone in the OST, or a taunting Distraction to all of the members of your rival Clan, or a Distraction to everyone in your long-running RP adventure. The possibilities go on...

Profile Email Website
Iriana
 Sunday, September 09 2012 @ 07:01 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I am still enraptured by the sentbox. It is a thing of wonder and beauty. But the one thing I did notice that was weird is that if you click a player's name and try to Distract them from their bio, it gives you a blank form, instead of having their name filled in. Is it possible to have the name already entered if you click through from a bio? If not, it's certainly not a problem, but it would be nice.

Profile Email
Makiwa
 Sunday, September 09 2012 @ 07:25 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

If this has been mentioned already somewhere else - apologies.

Just a wee suggestion;

If someone sends an anonymous gift the distract informing you of this is "Someone sent you something awesome!" If the gift(s) are not anonymous the subject is the same. Could we not have the sender's name in the subject line?

Not a big deal but would make life a little easier for the frequent exchangers among us.

It's not an optical illusion. It just looks like one.

Profile Email Website
Clueless
 Tuesday, September 11 2012 @ 03:06 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Ada

Personally, it's not that bad, as long as you're not mobile. It takes only a few seconds to sit the cursor at the top of the list and clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick like you're bringing sexy back.. With a mouse it only takes a- oh hell I'm repeating myself, erm.. Anyway, I'd imagine a touchscreen would really suck. I'd love to have the option to just click for a ClanMail again! And those who are doomed to Island mostly mobile, and are Clan leadership, would certainly love it just as much.

I wholeheartedly agree with Esc.
I'd love a 'Reply All' for messages with multiple recipients which sends a message to everyone who was messaged and the sender (don't forget this one! Though I suppose the original sender could just add themselves to the recipients and then it'd be fine.). This would go a way in helping with the Banter Problem, whether that problem is that it is too fast, not private, or too general (or in some cases non-existent.), as it'd make it easier to have a multiple person banter via distracts. I also hate myself for recommending that the 'solution' is to be to use the distract system for casual timely conversations, but there seem to be far too many people in love with something that we already had.. Now I'm just going to stop there because I'm starting to get off topic.

I'd prefer a Reply All to a group for a mass distract because really I rarely RP with all the exact same people at the same time, and it'd be silly for me to make a group for every occasion, or to sent messages to the odd person or two who doesn't happen to be there at the moment. Not that I don't think it'd be a Cool Thing, just trying to apply my own experiences.

Profile Email
Vetis
 Thursday, November 22 2012 @ 05:27 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Some other things I would like to see implemented:

1) The use of Shift+click to check multiple messages for deletion. It's annoying to select dozens of 'Someone sent you something awesome' messages one at a time.

2) Grouping messages by person you're talking to. Like in regular email, all the replies of a conversation stay in one message, so I don't have a wall of dozens of messages from a single conversation with one person.

3) A 'Delete checked messages' button at the top as well as the bottom. This one is totally just because I'm lazy, no excuses here. But if 1 and 2 were implemented, this wouldn't be needed at all anyway, so there's that.

I aim to misbehave.

Profile Email
Full Metal Lion
 Thursday, November 22 2012 @ 03:53 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Come to think of it, it would be useful if I could open up someone's bio from their name on the list . You know, to check if I have the right person.

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.35 seconds
New Topic Post Reply