Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Raven Inn suggestion
 |  Printable Version
lowkey
 Monday, January 07 2013 @ 04:33 AM UTC (Read 2449 times)  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

So.

I realize that the Island, post-EMP and all, would not be terribly likely to sport much in the way of electronics.

But, if it were feasible somehow, it seems it'd be rather hilarious if the Raven Inn offered a video game.

Specifically, one titled Zonkey Dong.

...just sayin'.

Profile Email
Ada
 Monday, January 07 2013 @ 11:33 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

While we're talking about the Raven Inn, can we get that chatspace back? Pretty please?

Profile Email
Anonymous: Escemfer
 Monday, January 07 2013 @ 01:40 PM UTC  

How 'bout getting rid of that "You decide not to enter, and so must look at this extra, completely pointless page" page that pops up when you decide not to enter?

Quote by: Ada

While we're talking about the Raven Inn, can we get that chatspace back? Pretty please?

Pretty pretty please, with a cherry on top? It doesn't seem like there's actually a point, besides annoying players, in having that module installed anymore without a chatspace in it. (EDIT: I guess there are some gambling games in there... I didn't remember. Does anyone even play those?)

Matthew
 Monday, January 07 2013 @ 09:37 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

The problem with the Raven Inn is that you can never find it when you actually want it, and when it does appear, it's always an annoyance.

Why not just put a permanent link in the Jungle to the Raven Inn and remove it from encounters? Not very ~*improbable*~, maybe, but it's a hell of a lot less annoying. When the Island is running slow (or my internet connection is) that extra worthless page when you encounter it while traveling is actually kind of a problem.

edit: also, agreement with reinstating the chat space. If it has a Story space and you can access it just whenever, I can actually see it becoming a fairly popular RP space.

Profile Email
Skidge
 Monday, January 07 2013 @ 10:20 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Reinstating the chatspace: Hell yes. I miss the HELL out of the Raven Inn chatspace, it was one of my favorite places to do one-shot scenes and I was terribly sad when I came back and it was GONE. I was actually whimpering.

Making it accessible all the time: Hell noooooo, one of the charming things about the RI as I remember it was the randomness of it, unless you had a Budget Horse. Eeeevery other chatspace is available all the time! I rather liked the changing accessibility of the Raven Inn and don't care how many times I accidentally run into it if ti means that the chatspace comes back!

Profile Email
Ada
 Monday, January 07 2013 @ 10:53 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Seconding Skidge - it has to be random, otherwise just use the PSK or any of the other pubs.

Esc: yes, I play those! And love them.

Profile Email
Matthew
 Monday, January 07 2013 @ 10:59 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I don't feel that strongly about making the RI permanently accessible, so whatever, I bow to the majority. I still would like that extra page when you encounter it while traveling removed.

In a similar vein, though, one thing I would really like to see is RP spaces in restaurants. I can think of several past instances, even recently, where I thought "damn, too bad they don't have those".

Profile Email
Full Metal Lion
 Tuesday, January 08 2013 @ 04:19 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I don't really like the Raven Inn. It seems... pointless. And not very Improbable, like the Island grabbed something from the Generic Fantasy genre and stapled it in. And then there's that extra unless page, and the lack of any good drinks. I would shed no tears if the Raven Inn were to be removed or majorly changed.

Profile Email Website
Happypeep
 Thursday, January 10 2013 @ 11:06 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

The Raven Inn is from the original green dragon game.

Bang! Bang!

Profile Email
Full Metal Lion
 Thursday, January 10 2013 @ 11:56 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Happypeep

The Raven Inn is from the original green dragon game.

Well, that explains it. Smile

Still, I think it needs a new coat of Improbable-green paint.

Profile Email Website
Twosocks Monkey
 Friday, January 11 2013 @ 03:56 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Maybe I'm wrong, but right around when I requested that the chatspace in the Raven Inn get enlarged it went away completely.

I WANT IT BACK TOOOOOOOO!!!!!

*sobs*

Still misses trains but understands why they are gone and this has nothing to do with this thread and I love you Sessine.

-moo

moooooooooo Visit and help me finish the monster list: goo.gl/rpBGe (Ya'll mostly know me as CLOG, fyi)

Profile Email Website
Iriana
 Sunday, January 13 2013 @ 12:00 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Being able to buy a drink in the Raven Inn would be fantastic. That way it can have value (tangible value, that is--of course, every game element adds value to the atmosphere of the game) to both roleplayers and gameplayers.

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Sunday, January 13 2013 @ 03:00 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

I'm another who sorely misses the Raven Inn chat space.

Also, I love that old toothless bartender, the good fellow who always pronounces my name "Sheshshine." Cracks me up every time. (Since there's no PvP, of course there aren't any 'enemies' - but it's rather fun to ask him about friends. Why yes, naturally I've checked to see what he's saying about me.)

If he starts selling drinks -- which would be excellent -- I do hope he keeps that quirk of speech.

Edit: If the Raven Inn starts selling drinks, that would be another buff obtainable during combat. For game balance, there might need to be a chance of a small negative consequence as well -- perhaps occasionally you'd go in to find there was a bar brawl going on, and you'd have to dodge flying fists, and tables... and Midgets. Sometimes you wouldn't quite manage to duck fast enough. Or it'd take a bit of stamina to weave past the fighting to obtain your drink.

Oh, and it would be wonderful if sometimes you'd encounter a raging pun contest.

(Less Moorcock. More Spider Robinson!)

Profile Email
Full Metal Lion
 Sunday, January 13 2013 @ 04:09 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Count+Sessine

If the Raven Inn starts selling drinks, that would be another buff obtainable during combat. For game balance, there might need to be a chance of a small negative consequence as well--

Isn't that why drinks cost Req?

Also, on the original topic, I'm in favor of Zonkey Dong. The video game. Especially if it's an adventure game or cheap flash game.

Profile Email Website
Iriana
 Sunday, January 13 2013 @ 07:58 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Req isn't much of a negative consequence, though. It's like buying alcohol--it makes you a great dancer for an hour or two, but the negative consequence is not being able to drive home, not the money you have to pay to get it. Okay, that doesn't really make sense. But.

Also, req kind of becomes a lot less of a problem for most players after a few DKs. I like Sessine's idea of there being a little risk to getting the drink--more risk and more writing are always fun.

Profile Email
Hairless
 Thursday, January 24 2013 @ 04:59 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Please add my voice to those requesting restoration of the Raven Inn chat space!
I used to do some of my best RP there, and when the chat space was abruptly removed, without explanation, I'll admit I had trouble not taking it as a personal dismissal.
Goodness knows there was a constant stream of newbie nonsense talk in there, but some of us made little ongoing stories and themes and occasional scenes appear in that bar, and the pure randomness of its appearance was a big part of what made it different than Common Ground or the PSK.
And where else on a long cross-Island journey, I ask you, could one stop to let the Grandchildren of Budget Horse take a much-clamored-for potty break?
I've never played the piano anywhere else, since the Raven Inn shut me out . . . .
Hairless

Profile Email
Lorekey
 Monday, April 08 2013 @ 04:10 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Oh, a chatroom in Raven's inn? I would like to see that as well, it would make the place far more interesting than it is at the momet.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.59 seconds
New Topic Post Reply