Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Places > Places: General New Topic Post Reply
 Interacting with Canon in places
 |  Printable Version
kythia
 Thursday, March 28 2013 @ 12:59 AM UTC (Read 1451 times)  
Forum Newbie

So, I'm in the process of building a lab complex near New Pittsburgh. One thing I want to put in is research notes from my ongoing study of the zombies. How does eating the braaaaaains of various improbable creatures affect the zombies? Is it just contestants who use Vigour Mortis or is there an internal economy? Do the retraining personnel take any special precautions when picking contestants up from near there for the failboat? Stuff like that.

I just want to check that I'm not breaking some horrific rule of etiquette by working with the canon in this way. All notes will be presented as my opinions rather than as "facts" but I wasn't sure if this was frowned on in any way.

Profile Email
Daedalus
 Thursday, March 28 2013 @ 12:22 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

First thing ... the disclaimer:

I am not an authority on canon, nor do I have any authority to say what you can or cannot do in relation to canon.
----

It's a (fictional!) research project. Your (fictional) character's research. Assuming you're not going to title it: "The New, Unalterable for all time and Absolute Canon on Pleasantville ..." then you've got nothing to worry about. Go for it.

There was a similar project undertaken some time ago by the quite honourable Alexander Quandle, relating to Squat Hole. He escaped, to the best of my knowledge, harm or censure. Possibly because he produced a bloody good read. You can find it here, if you'd like to see what you might get away with.

I'd like to see it when you're done. Perhaps you would consider posting it in the wiki?

The lunatics are taking over the asylum! Come with?

Profile Email
kythia
 Thursday, March 28 2013 @ 02:28 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

That's pretty much what I figured, but I thought I'd better check

I'd like to see it when you're done. Perhaps you would consider posting it in the wiki?
[/p]

Absolutely, if there's an interest then yeah, sure.

Profile Email
Vahelle
 Thursday, March 28 2013 @ 08:54 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

And if that was an opportunity for people who want to see it put on the Wiki to raise their hands, then...
*raises hand*
I've always been rather intrigued about the way Island canon (and... fanon, I suppose?) deals with zombies, since they are mostly portrayed in other media as ridiculously infectious and rather terrifying at that. II zombies seem to roam freely around and cause no outbreaks or even panic from other contestants. As someone who plays as a zombie quite a lot, I'd love to hear your [character's] thoughts.

/nerdy ramblings

Profile Email
Ada
 Thursday, March 28 2013 @ 11:26 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: kythia

Is it just contestants who use Vigour Mortis or is there an internal economy?

I'd bet the zombie "wallguards" hang out there when they come off shifts.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.19 seconds
New Topic Post Reply