Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Places > Places: Feedback and Development New Topic Post Reply
 Simple account question.
 |  Printable Version
Chamvalis
 Friday, March 29 2013 @ 05:02 AM UTC (Read 1770 times)  
Forum Newbie

I use to have an account here, but one day after about a week, I came back on and it was gone. apprently there is a time limit? How long of a time, not playing before your account gets deleted? what sucks is I actually spent money on the thing.. *sigh*

Profile Email
Daedalus
 Friday, March 29 2013 @ 11:01 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I assume that you mean that you created a user account 'in game', rather than here in the Enquirer.

So log back in, click on "Report a problem" and select "Private petition". Follow the instructions from there. Include all the relevant info ... when it was created, what you spent money on. (usw).

Inactive accounts are deleted after ... I forget, it's either 30 or 90 days. It most certainly is not after 1 week.

Anyhoo ... one of the Mods will get back to you.

D.

The lunatics are taking over the asylum! Come with?

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Friday, March 29 2013 @ 03:22 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

I'll be trying to contact you via email, but as this issue does come up from time to time I'll answer you here, too, so others will know how it works.

The Island's a quirky place -- the players who love it are a select group! Each day, depending on how much advertising CMJ has been able to do, we get a handful or a horde of curious people signing up just to see what it's all about. Some stay, but many many others just click away and never come back. (It's the internet, that's how things work. The account number counter started at 1. It is currently over 150,000!) To maintain server performance for the people who are playing, accounts that have not been played are retired to a backup file after one week of inactivity.

If a character has even 10 experience points, the time limit is 30 days. If a character has reached 2nd level, the time limit used to be 90 days and was extended a while ago to a generous 180 days. We don't want to put obstacles in the way of people who want to play here.

So... what happens if this goes wrong, and someone who didn't know about the requirement to fight at least a little bit in the jungle comes back after a week to find their character gone? Or, life intervenes and a player comes back after not having logged in for more than six months? Oh no, disaster! Well, not really. That's where I come in. I can restore* characters from the backup -- and I do, no questions asked. I love people who come back to play the game after an absence. I'm more than delighted to be able to help them.

There you have it. To get a character back, all you have to do is let me know you want it.
--
* Restores aren't perfect. Specifically, any items the character had will have been deleted. I do my best to restore the permanent Lodge items manually, but consumables are gone, I have to guess at the backpack and bandolier, and there's no way to recover any mementos. The way to keep characters around forever, unaltered, exactly as you left them, is to buy them a HyperRing.

Also, if a character was self-deleted, I'm sorry, it is entirely gone. There's no record to restore from. (Self-deletion used to be an option in preferences, but sometimes people did it by accident, which was horrible. Now you have to ask a mod to have a character deleted.)

Profile Email
Chamvalis
 Friday, March 29 2013 @ 04:43 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Thank you for your help. Now that I think about it, I remember why it happned before. I was visiting family in flordia for like a month, and they didn't have internet or a computer... or a microwave.. (it was torture lol) so I came back and my character was deleted/backed up.

I really must thank you again, and I will respond to the e-mail

Quote by: Count+Sessine

I'll be trying to contact you via email, but as this issue does come up from time to time I'll answer you here, too, so others will know how it works.

The Island's a quirky place -- the players who love it are a select group! Each day, depending on how much advertising CMJ has been able to do, we get a handful or a horde of curious people signing up just to see what it's all about. Some stay, but many many others just click away and never come back. (It's the internet, that's how things work. The account number counter started at 1. It is currently over 150,000!) To maintain server performance for the people who are playing, accounts that have not been played are retired to a backup file after one week of inactivity.

If a character has even 10 experience points, the time limit is 30 days. If a character has reached 2nd level, the time limit used to be 90 days and was extended a while ago to a generous 180 days. We don't want to put obstacles in the way of people who want to play here.

So... what happens if this goes wrong, and someone who didn't know about the requirement to fight at least a little bit in the jungle comes back after a week to find their character gone? Or, life intervenes and a player comes back after not having logged in for more than six months? Oh no, disaster! Well, not really. That's where I come in. I can restore* characters from the backup -- and I do, no questions asked. I love people who come back to play the game after an absence. I'm more than delighted to be able to help them.

There you have it. To get a character back, all you have to do is let me know you want it.
--
* Restores aren't perfect. Specifically, any items the character had will have been deleted. I do my best to restore the permanent Lodge items manually, but consumables are gone, I have to guess at the backpack and bandolier, and there's no way to recover any mementos. The way to keep characters around forever, unaltered, exactly as you left them, is to buy them a HyperRing.

Also, if a character was self-deleted, I'm sorry, it is entirely gone. There's no record to restore from. (Self-deletion used to be an option in preferences, but sometimes people did it by accident, which was horrible. Now you have to ask a mod to have a character deleted.)

Profile Email
Daedalus
 Friday, March 29 2013 @ 09:59 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Well, my reply was simpler. Wrong, but simpler. Smile

The lunatics are taking over the asylum! Come with?

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.21 seconds
New Topic Post Reply