Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Places > Places: General New Topic Post Reply
 Thinking about upgrading my mount, but I have questions
 |  Printable Version
Stone
 Thursday, May 02 2013 @ 05:42 PM UTC (Read 2500 times)  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

So, I've had a kittybike for the last several drive kills--it really helps speed along the first few levels by more or less one-shotting enemies. I imagine eventually, with my improbability points in attack stacking up this will be less necessary, so I was wondering about the other mounts. Specifically, the nightmare donkey and the clockwork stallion.

I've heard many good things about the Donkey, and it sounds like it would help me survive on higher difficulty runs, but I've heard next to nothing about the Stallion. I know it's still sort of new, but it's been out for at least a month already. Can anyone tell me what it does in battle? Out of battle? Is it worth upgrading from my kittybike?

Thanks in advance.

Profile Email Website
Reverb
 Thursday, May 02 2013 @ 06:53 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Yes.

"Censure acquits the Raven, but pursues the Dove." "So, that means i'm -always- innocent, right?"

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Thursday, May 02 2013 @ 08:13 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Ok Reverb, you pedantic sod you. Allow me to rephrase that for him. Not can you, but would you.

I've got one myself, but I haven't played with it too much so I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure that it's variable, being from the home of the Jokers and all, and I know that sometimes it gives you travel buffs, and other fighting buffs. There may be other modes that I know not of. Also my character that has one is a Joker himself, meaning that his abilities vary from day to day, making it hard to work out what's coming from where.

Also Reverb, long time no see. Nice to see you back.

Profile Email
Stone
 Friday, May 03 2013 @ 02:22 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Hmm so random combat buffs? Does it attack? Is whatever buff that appears permanent for the day?

Profile Email Website
LydiaDefountain
 Saturday, May 04 2013 @ 02:15 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I think the attack buff was for 50 rounds... or at least it was when I noticed it... it may vary as well.. I haven't payed attention enough.

Profile Email
Stone
 Wednesday, June 12 2013 @ 06:07 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

(one month later)

Just wanted to let anyone know coming after me, I've had the Clockwork Stallion for a couple of days now...

And wow, it's so much better than the kittybike, just in terms of add-on attack damage. I haven't seen it upgrade or shift into combat buffs yet, but both the damage and rounds it has in add-on damage alone surpasses the kittybike, for sure.

Profile Email Website
Stone
 Tuesday, June 25 2013 @ 05:52 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

(one month in game later)

I don't know if a change was made, or if I was just lucky at first, but the random bonus from the Stallion seems heavily weighted towards the movement buff.

For those that don't have the Stallion yet, or are unfamiliar with it--so far the buffs have alternated between movement related stamina cost reductions and Combat damage. Note the word alternated, these are either/or buffs. At the beginning I seemed to have a 50/50 chance, but the last several "real" days I've been getting the movement buff 80% of the time. I don't travel a lot, so it's been frequently useless lately. Sort of disappointing.

I keep waiting for the Stallion to evolve, like the Donkey or Budget Horse, but perhaps it doesn't? Either that or it just takes a really long time.

I shall return to post if I observe any changes, since this mount isn't very well documented.

Profile Email Website
Buddleia
 Tuesday, June 25 2013 @ 10:22 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Thank you for your reports, Stone. I've been reading them with interest! The Clockwork Stallion is still a relatively new feature, and Island documentation seems to be a pretty DIY thing.

My question, before I consider switching from the good old flat-rate kittybike - has it ever given you penalties?

Improbable Reference Links - goo.gl/MRBnb -------------- Land Registry (map of Places) ---- goo.gl/bpkRR

Profile Email Website
Stone
 Wednesday, June 26 2013 @ 01:46 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Quote by: Buddleia

Thank you for your reports, Stone. I've been reading them with interest! The Clockwork Stallion is still a relatively new feature, and Island documentation seems to be a pretty DIY thing.

My question, before I consider switching from the good old flat-rate kittybike - has it ever given you penalties?

No problem.

No, I've run into no obvious* penalties with the Stallion. I should really start documenting what buffs I get every day, so I can get a more accurate idea of how often one can expect which buff. Hmmm...

*Which is to say that if they exist, they are hidden and I haven't noticed them yet.

Profile Email Website
Stone
 Thursday, June 27 2013 @ 05:53 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

So, I've started recording what buffs I get from the Stallion. I'm on the tenth day, and so far my results are oddly non-random. Obviously though, ten days aren't enough for a valid statistic. Even 100 is kind of light. Nonetheless, I plan on returning with my findings at 100 days, perhaps on a new topic. I'll link to it here, though. If anyone else is up for this--FOR SCIENCE!--please feel free.

Profile Email Website
Stone
 Thursday, June 27 2013 @ 09:02 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

I've added a page for the Stallion to the wiki, and filled it in with some of the details that I've discovered so far, via math and science and the joy of discovery.

Profile Email Website
Twosocks Monkey
 Friday, June 28 2013 @ 11:28 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Link?

moooooooooo Visit and help me finish the monster list: goo.gl/rpBGe (Ya'll mostly know me as CLOG, fyi)

Profile Email Website
Hairy Mary
 Friday, June 28 2013 @ 12:30 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Profile Email
Stone
 Friday, June 28 2013 @ 12:54 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

HM has it ^

And It would perhaps be more accurate to say I added the link for the already existing page to the mount list page. And then filled it in a bit. Smile

Profile Email Website
Stone
 Wednesday, July 03 2013 @ 03:16 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Ok, started recording day to day buffs over here.

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.56 seconds
New Topic Post Reply