Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Weapon Disguises
 |  Printable Version
Rbandboy
 Sunday, June 23 2013 @ 12:21 AM UTC (Read 1415 times)  
Forum Newbie

So, a while back, I decided to get one of the supporter packs that had the Extra-Cunning Weapon Disguise in it, and decided I wanted to change what my weapon was. The pack had a Hyper Ring in it, too, so I didn't have to worry too much about my account getting discarded.

Then came the void. I didn't play for almost an entire year.

When I came back, I was pleasantly surprised that my stuff was still here, but after experimentation, my custom weapon has no default name. I tried changing the weapon's name a few times, but any time I tried resetting the name on the weapon, it stayed the same name.

This being said, I'm still in the dark as to which weapon I should be working towards in Sheila's. Any ideas?

Profile Email
Docenspiel
 Sunday, June 23 2013 @ 12:42 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Maybe you never named the weapon?

For rent: one skull, in serious need of dusting.

Profile Email
Rbandboy
 Sunday, June 23 2013 @ 12:43 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Quote by: Docenspiel

Maybe you never named the weapon?

I'm pretty sure there's no "Distaff" in the shack o' shiny.

Profile Email
Docenspiel
 Sunday, June 23 2013 @ 12:50 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Attempting to sell it will let you know what it's supposed to be. Maybe selling it will un-bork whatever's going wrong.

Profile Email
Rbandboy
 Sunday, June 23 2013 @ 12:53 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Huh. Looks like it was really a Sock full of Marbles.

...I reallllly need to upgrade this thing.

Profile Email
Docenspiel
 Sunday, June 23 2013 @ 01:01 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I'm wondering if you just got confused by how the changer shows previews. When you clear out the box and preview, it will tell you that the weapon will look like Sock full of Marbles. But underneath that, right above the box, it still shows what the weapon is currently called. I've tried to change my title a few times and went "No, I didn't put that, that's the old one" before I realize it shows the new one at the top instead of down near the box.

Profile Email
Rbandboy
 Sunday, June 23 2013 @ 01:06 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Quote by: Docenspiel

I'm wondering if you just got confused by how the changer shows previews. When you clear out the box and preview, it will tell you that the weapon will look like Sock full of Marbles. But underneath that, right above the box, it still shows what the weapon is currently called. I've tried to change my title a few times and went "No, I didn't put that, that's the old one" before I realize it shows the new one at the top instead of down near the box.

See, that's the thing - since I have the special weapon disguise, I actually *did* change the weapon name a few times. However, it just didn't want to go back to being its original name. I tried changing it to another, random name, and when I tried putting in the empty box (as per its suggestion), it would say, "You've chosen to go back to the default, game-supplied weapons. Are you sure that's what you want?" I would then hit the set custom weapon button, and it says...

"The next time you change your weapon, you'll return to game-supplied weapon names."

...oh.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.27 seconds
New Topic Post Reply