Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Off-Topic > In-Game New Topic Post Reply
 Crate sniffing the smart way: a greasemonkey script
 |  Printable Version
Red Hatter
 Thursday, July 18 2013 @ 02:27 AM UTC (Read 3400 times)  
Forum Contender
Contender

I made a new greasemonkey script to help with crate sniffing! Big Grin

"Detects when a crate sniffer is used and darkens map squares within three klicks. Removes squares as they are visited."

ii-sniffer

Profile Email Website
Trowa
 Saturday, July 20 2013 @ 05:07 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Interesting! I didn't find any crates with my sniffer, but your script did darken the map and lighten the squares as I walked over them, so cool for that at least! Big Grin

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
Trowa
 Sunday, July 21 2013 @ 07:56 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

After a more thorough test in which I got a hit for three crates, I was able to locate them all much more efficiently with this tool. Good work!

Profile Email
maliha
 Monday, January 13 2014 @ 11:53 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Just reached my 11th DK and was considering buying the force generator, but thinking about it brought up some questions regarding limited duration special abilities.

Namely, what happens when they run out?

Is it possible to restore the rounds, or do you have to sell and re-buy the item?

Can the ability be turned on and off so as to use it only when needed?

pmp training [url=http://www.pass4sure.com/PMP-index.html]pmp training[/url] cisco-ccna [url=http://www.cisco-ccna.me/]http://cisco-ccna.me/[/url]

Profile Email
Trowa
 Monday, January 13 2014 @ 04:42 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: maliha

Just reached my 11th DK and was considering buying the force generator, but thinking about it brought up some questions regarding limited duration special abilities.

You'd probably do better to start a new thread for this question since it's off-topic of the original thread, BUT, since I'm a helpful guy, I'll answer! Maybe a helpful Mod can split these posts off on their own? Big Grin

Namely, what happens when they run out?

You lose the buff, but retain whatever defense points the item grants. For Force Gens, I think it's 1 point? In other words, they become quite flimsy, as the description of the item says in Sheila's.

Is it possible to restore the rounds, or do you have to sell and re-buy the item?

Rounds will restore themselves every New Day. If you're impatient, though, and have a little req to burn, there's a well-known bug feature that allows you to buy any item at Sheila's and restore all rounds of buffs to all equipment you're carrying. For example, if you're using a cheap weapon with the Force Gen, then instead of selling and buying the Force Gen again, you can sell your cheap weapon and buy a new one, and it will restore all rounds to the Force Gen. Keep in mind that the sell price of any item is always less than the price you pay for it.

Can the ability be turned on and off so as to use it only when needed?

Nope. All weapons and armor with buffs of limited rounds are always on.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.44 seconds
New Topic Post Reply