Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 All Character info
 |  Printable Version
Lea.wolfsfeld
 Sunday, January 26 2014 @ 04:17 PM UTC (Read 1280 times)  
Forum Contender
Contender

I don't know if I am the only one, but I would like to be able to view a page that has every little bit of data concerning my character. From date joined to how charming they are. Also be able to see the Rank and Level for all actions without having to go to the hall of fame or the stamina page. It would be nice to be able to track how much my character has grown and changed over time.

Profile Email
Trowa
 Tuesday, January 28 2014 @ 09:51 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I like this idea! I'm on board!

And I am not swayed with arguments about how competitive the game would get if all people cared about were their stats. We already are! Laughing Out Loud

In fact, Lea, I think you ought to submit this idea to the Season 3 thread!

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Wednesday, January 29 2014 @ 03:39 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

I like this idea too. It's definitely gonna be in S3, but I'll see if I can stick it into S2 too.

Profile Email Website
Daedalus
 Thursday, January 30 2014 @ 05:55 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I'd just like to point out that I'm more competitive than Trowa is.

The lunatics are taking over the asylum! Come with?

Profile Email
Omega
 Thursday, January 30 2014 @ 09:53 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I compiled a quick list of Banter suggestions for things that could be included, if the page is going to happen:

Health, attack, defense, fullness, nutrition, fat, requisition, stamina,
skill levels, cigarettes, level, experience, buffs, charm, tattoos, jewelry, mount, hall of fame ranks,
requisition in the bank, equipment/title/story/implant unlocks, Improbability Points assigned to which stats,
current backpack and bandolier weights, hat size, current implant, spent and unspent supporter points, cobblestone cottage scores,
current race, how drunk your character is, current Robot overclocking status, restorations, number of days since drivekill start,
current lottery numbers, number of Titans killed, total damage dealt/taken, number of requisition points used all-time,
most damage dealt/taken in a hit, total amount of money donated to the Island (not supporter points gained) and underwear color.

Other suggestions: History of some of the stats? Counters of how many times things happen? Sign-up date? Auto-generated graphs and charts? List descriptions of buff effects? (What the heck is Wanker supposed to mean as a buff?)

There are two secrets to success. The second one is to never reveal all your secrets.

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Thursday, January 30 2014 @ 03:53 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

For any current information from the account record and module prefs, the data already exists* and the code is already tuned to make retrieval very efficient, so the only issue would be formatting it to look nice and be intelligible.

We're not going to get history, or graphs of historical data. That would require a huge increase in the database size and a lot of programming. Yes, it could be done, but no, it wouldn't be worth doing. The scarce resource here is CMJ's time, and there are much more exciting new features clamouring for that.

Once the character info page exists, maybe our local greasemonkey wizards will find a way to scrape a snapshot of the data into a Google form. It was done for Onslaught status, so I know it's possible. That would open the door to many lovely stats, graphs and charts...

--
* This includes the registration date if available -- although for S1 veterans, that date was lost when S2 started. It can't be retrieved unless CMJ happens to have an archived copy somewhere of the final S1 accounts file and whips up some one-time code to run through our accounts file replacing '0000-00-00 00:00:00' dates with the real ones. How many characters have that zero date? 56. How many have logged in within the last six months? 25. How many within the last month? 21. So... yeah. That's probably not going to happen even if the archive file exists.

Maybe just display the zero date as 'Destroyed by tennis ball.'

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.27 seconds
New Topic Post Reply