Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Cobblestone Corner Collaboration
 |  Printable Version
Odo Shortwick
 Thursday, April 17 2014 @ 06:37 PM UTC (Read 1924 times)  
Forum Newbie

So I did a scan of the Features forums and nothing has really been discussed about Cobblestones since 2009 and instead of performing necromancy on that thread I figured I would start anew. So this is somewhere we can discuss what to do with the cobblestones that are piling up in people's back pockets.

Some ideas to start it off:
1) Use CobbleStones to add new descriptions to weapons and armor (25,000 cb per time)
2) Special Holiday items available only during that season. (Come on who doesn't want to see a kittymorph wearing bunny ears during easter, or a joker walking around with a disco-ball glittering above his head from New Years) Maybe items that are race specific.
3) Special contributor items available for purchase with only cobblestones (1 million to purchase a cobblestone cannon)

Profile Email
Trowa
 Saturday, April 19 2014 @ 04:41 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I've not earned any cobblestones myself (a. I used to only have a work laptop that I couldn't install programs like WCG's BOINC, and now b. I use a Chromebook that doesn't support programs like WCG's BOINC (yet!)), however! I think a Cobblestone Cannon would be a cool idea! A special weapon available at Sheila's that lets you use cobblestones as ammo! Of course anyone can buy one, but if they don't have the ammo, it's just a fancy club. Smile

...come to think of it, someone else may have come up with that before, and my subconscious is just regurgitating it as my own idea. >_> I don't even know now.

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
Anonymous: GigaDrake
 Wednesday, April 23 2014 @ 06:26 PM UTC  

Perhaps being able to transfer cobblestones into support points? For those of us unable to donate at this time.

500,000 cobblestones > 250 support points
1,000,000 cobblestones > 500 support points

Omega
 Wednesday, April 23 2014 @ 07:46 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

That would be ridiculously abused, Gigadrake. Ridiculously. A single person can generate hundreds of billions of points with an appropriate setup.

Also, it would reward people with better computers, who are more likely to afford to donate anyway.

There are two secrets to success. The second one is to never reveal all your secrets.

Profile Email
Sammi
 Friday, October 30 2015 @ 01:28 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Omega, I have to disagree with you in part, that someone is more able to donate, does not make them more like;y to do so.

That a Cobblestone to SP exchange rate has been established, suggests cmj also disagrees with you.

Profile Email
Buford
 Wednesday, November 18 2015 @ 10:56 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Where is the Cobblestone/SP exchange rate? I remember seeing that I had received 5 SP for contributing to WGC, but don't recall seeing an exchange.

Mostly I have ignored anything to do with Cobblestones simply because I haven't seen any use for them. I use BOINC because of altruism, but I think it is great that II acknowledges and encourages it.

I want the Cobblestone Cannon. Not sure about gun power near improbability. Maybe a Cobblestone Catapult. Cobblestones should make great ammo either way.

They could also be made as a buff to GRUNT. Make them a payment method to get off the Failboat--it needs ballast right?

Profile Email
Sammi
 Thursday, November 19 2015 @ 05:18 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

500 cobblestones = 1 sp for making mementos from a mould.

This also suggests their limits - things that do not significantly effect game balance or cmj's income. I would think single cookies, bag of candy, but not a candy bomb, and small (I think it's 25) bundle of quills would qualify.

Profile Email
Sash
 Saturday, November 28 2015 @ 02:02 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

I think the best way to make cobblestones a bit more usable and not so game-breaking would be to make them be able to make memento moulds. At least one, if not more.

You'd go into the forge, and threaten the forge master to give you the materials for a Memento Mould or you'll bury him in the couple hundred thousand cobblestones you brought along. He'd comply of course, but next time he'd be waiting for you with various smithing tools to fend you off. Maybe, after this, you'd have to bring twice the amount of cobblestones to intimidate him again, so that was it'd quickly get out of control. Or he'd not be caught off-guard again at all.

Doesn't influence game balance.
They both get to use up their 500 SP AND make a Memento Mould.

As it is right now, people feel like they are being cheated for not being able to use the cobblestones they get if they spend any of the SP they got (and they were already salivating on that medium pack of cigarettes and the dozen thousand req saq, I tell you). Give them a mould freer than free, make them spend their SP, make them be happy, and they'll come around to buy more of that sweet, sweet SP. And not waste it on requisition next time, either!
Whoever would donate would donate and be even happier. Whoever wouldn't have donated otherwise might just do it because they are happy. Whoever wouldn't donate at all, would be happy too, finally, even if they can't afford to donate. Doesn't sound bad to me at all!

Win, Win, Win, and another Win for the game.
Here's Charlie Sheen backing me up.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.32 seconds
New Topic Post Reply