Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Welcoming Place
 |  Printable Version
Kenzie
 Friday, February 13 2015 @ 08:11 PM UTC (Read 1264 times)  
Forum Newbie

Hey, all!

I really wanted to tell you guys that Improbable Island is one of the most welcoming places I have ever been.

It's not like it's just one or two players either, or just in NewHome. The people here welcome new people with open arms. They don't just say "let me know if you have questions!" and go away, they actively shoot out useful advice or offer to give you things, go out of their way to show you around or bring you into conversations during story chat, and seem genuinely interested and attentive to what I have to say and contribute. In roleplay, I had someone thank me for storying the other night. It would have never occurred to me to be thanked for something like that, or to thank other people. Usually my friends and I will agree that it was great fun and we should do it again, but it's so different than feeling like I've actually somehow added something to another seriously well-established member's experience. When I ask questions in banter, they get answered immediately, with no sign at all that they've heard it a billion times already or that I should have already known it from Basic Training. They are always treated as genuine good questions and people seem to actually enjoy answering them.

I've only been here a few days and I haven't a clue how long I'll stay (joining up was pure impulse), but I seriously want to thank you guys for the experience.

(P.S. also, by the way, I came in at about the time of the Titan explosion and I saw some people debating how newbies would respond to it. I totally thought it was the coolest thing ever-- they didn't bother me because I wasn't ready to leave NewHome yet, but watching everybody talk about them and how seriously high their HP got and the fact that it happened because of actual players rather than some glitch in the game was completely exciting.)

Profile Email
Harris
 Monday, February 16 2015 @ 02:48 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Lovely to hear that, Kenzie. Truly.

And velkommen, bienvenidos, and all kinds of things and stuff like that there!

"Ain't nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile." -The Grateful Dead

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.12 seconds
New Topic Post Reply