Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Off-Topic > In-Game New Topic Post Reply
 The Raven Inn Tables
 |  Printable Version
McDerp
 Saturday, July 11 2015 @ 01:33 AM UTC (Read 1153 times)  
Forum Newbie

What ever happened to the tables at the Raven Inn that you could write your name or any old message... That was a cool part of the game and I for one vote to put it back up.

"Life is too short for regret, let's leave it a little better then we found it."

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Saturday, July 11 2015 @ 02:19 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

I'm kinda sentimental about it, too. Back in S1 I remember there was a permanent floating bar fight in the Raven Inn. Because the place doesn't really exist in this plane, anything could happen. There was a general agreement that nothing that happened there carried over into the game at large.

I suppose since there are so many Places now, the reasoning is that anyone who wants that atmosphere is able to recreate it. Also, the Inn is a legacy LotGD module, and I think CMJ is hoping to retire those... well, sometime this century. Laughing Out Loud

Profile Email
Trowa
 Saturday, July 11 2015 @ 04:18 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I vaguely remember the chat in the Inn broke when CMJ updated the whole system some years ago, and when he couldn't fix the chat in the Inn (leeeegaaaacy), he nixed it to keep the rest of the Inn still functional. Much like the "newlyweds" player list, I assumed he had no intention of fixing something he couldn't figure out (or remember how he programmed, I think was another reason).

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.29 seconds
New Topic Post Reply