Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Off-Topic > In-Game New Topic Post Reply
 Killing the Drive on rank 7
 |  Printable Version
Red Hatter
 Thursday, August 06 2015 @ 01:44 AM UTC (Read 1967 times)  
Forum Contender
Contender

I'm level 15 now and hunting for the drive.

My first attempt the drive killed me in one hit. My Debris Thrower dealt about 50 dmg, then the drive killed me with a hit of 347. My lighting suit and clan buffs reflected 382 but that was not enough to kill it... I didn't have all the booze buffs (no gargleblaster) but I'm thinking that since I never got a chance to hit the drive that wouldn't make a difference.

Only thing I can think of is to reduce my defense so my lighting suit will have a better chance of killing it. So Tiger Balm, Wanker Lite, and no Monster Repellent. Anything else that reduces your defense?

What's your strategy for killing the drive on a high rank?

Profile Email Website
Zoinks
 Thursday, August 06 2015 @ 03:13 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

What I would do here is carry quite a few ZAPs and BANGs and just keep searching until you get a chance to throw one at it. With enough favour it shouldn't take too long.

Profile Email
Denealus
 Thursday, August 06 2015 @ 04:47 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

If you've been building up the Tesla Frame, then using the partial charge works nice. One hit of the lightning suit may not do it, but two definitely will.

Also check your mount. If you're utilizing a lightning suit/tesla/autohit strategy, it's counter intuitive, but you actually don't want the zombie donk. Lowered attack means it hits you for less and at high ranks, there's not much difference between hitting you for 250 damage and hitting you for 350 damage. However, it does make a huge difference in what you reflect back at it. Basically, you need to decide whether you want it to hit you hard and wither under its own explosion or weaken it to the point where it's ineffective. Going halfway on a reflection strategy and a weakening strategy is more than likely going to result in being ineffective at either.

Profile Email
Red Hatter
 Thursday, August 06 2015 @ 06:14 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: Zoinks

What I would do here is carry quite a few ZAPs and BANGs and just keep searching until you get a chance to throw one at it. With enough favour it shouldn't take too long.

This is what I did this time around, only took me 3 or 4 tries. At some point I'm going to try the drive killing its self approach, it sounds so fun.

Profile Email Website
Maniak
 Saturday, August 15 2015 @ 09:05 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

The gargleblaster does double damage reflection. If you had drunk it, you'd have killed the drive. Forget about grenades, the Drive won't even bother laughing at your pitiful attempt at dancing and dodging its shots while trying to lob a grenade, it'll just straight up kill you on rank 7.

http://maniak.cu.cc/

Profile Email Website
Ebenezer
 Monday, August 17 2015 @ 12:24 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

I haven't done a Drive Kill in some time, but I was on a Bastard Rank kick for the longest while.

You're all going to laugh at my strategy. I build up gobs of favour with the Watcher on the FailBoat. Gobs and gobs and gobs. Then, when I fight the Drive...if I fail, I favour off the FailBoat and try again right away. I already know where the Drive is and I can just keep trying until I kill it.

Yep. That's the Ebenezer way of doing things. Try and fail and try again. Repeatedly.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.51 seconds
New Topic Post Reply