Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Places > Places: Feedback and Development New Topic Post Reply
 Badnav, is this the right place ?
 |  Printable Version
Katei
 Friday, August 07 2015 @ 11:50 AM UTC (Read 1906 times)  
Forum Newbie

Hey, sorry to bring newbie's problems, but I think I'm getting a badnav too ! (like Kairo, actually, but his problems are one year old)

In fact, I was trying to access the FAQ (in the rules' menu), and I got an HTML-only "problem page" with the indication of an error, and no links back to the game.

So, I did a little mistake...I pressed the "back" button (please don't hit me)

The "badnav page" ( http://www.improbableisland.com/badnav.php ) redirect me on this forum, but if it's the wrong place, where do I have to post ?

Thanks for advance,

dixit Katei

Profile Email
Lea.wolfsfeld
 Friday, August 07 2015 @ 12:11 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

On the normal site you can use the Report a Problem link for a faster response. In fact, I'll link it here as well! http://www.improbableisland.com/problem_report.php Just use the problem with my account options and you'll be sorted!

Profile Email
Katei
 Friday, August 07 2015 @ 12:22 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Oh for the Watcher's sake.

Thanks a lot Wolf Master, I'm heading here right away !

(sorry for the newb-like topic, by the way)

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Friday, August 07 2015 @ 04:35 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

No apologies needed Katei! Our apologies for hitting you with a badnav.
Welcome to Improbable Island and I hope you enjoy your time here.

Profile Email
Ebenezer
 Saturday, August 08 2015 @ 12:24 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

I have attempted to free you from the BadNav. I also sent you a Distraction, but. . .realized that maybe you can't see that if you are badly BadNav'd enough. If you are unable to reply by Distract, reply here! Big Grin

Profile Email
Katei
 Saturday, August 08 2015 @ 03:41 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Good news, I actually saw your distraction, but I wanted to thank you in public (with good community comes public responsabillity) !

Yes, I'm free to go, even if I was teleported from of the NewHome's Vault to a strange place named "Improbable Central" (I don't even mind, it's amazing !)

By the way, was the problem from Firefox, or did the FAQ page really crashed ? (yes, that's how it started, and I'm worrying a little about the others)

Because the blank page obtained a the place of the FAQ didn't let the players go anywhere...

Personally, if I had to be trapped a second time, I'll close the webpage before hitting "back", and try to reconnect.
Maybe this could prevent me from a BadNav (just in case someone faces the same problem).

Thanks again, of course, for your glorious fight against the Improbability Device, which try too defends itself with BadNavs when monsters are not enough.

It's a new day !

(dixit Katei, still lvl 2)

Profile Email
Ebenezer
 Sunday, August 09 2015 @ 04:44 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Thank you, Katei! I'm very glad you got free.

I am not sure exactly what is happening, as I'm not terribly clever with this kind of thing. However, when a person clicks the Rules/FAQ link, it SHOULD open up a new window. (So you have the regular Island in one window and the FAQ in a separate window.)

I believe the problem is occurring when someone closes the first window...and then they only have the Rules/FAQ open. But as I said. . .I don't really know for certain what is causing people to get stuck on that page. Caveman Joe is the guy who knows how things work! All I know for certain is that if I hit the "Fix Navs" button, it usually fixes it.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Sunday, August 09 2015 @ 05:29 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Yeah I changed it back to opening in the same tab a few days ago, 'cause we were getting so many badnavs. The fact that we're still getting them is troubling.

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.33 seconds
New Topic Post Reply