Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Places > Places: Feedback and Development New Topic Post Reply
 An idea for a september monthly momento directed towards builders!
 |  Printable Version
JonT
 Thursday, August 20 2015 @ 01:49 AM UTC (Read 2305 times)  
Forum Contender
Contender

I don't want to go into too much detail as name or anything as to give creative freedom, but the idea was maybe a cart or something that could be used to lower the weight of building supplies 25-75% (anywhere in that range or different depending on how CMJ looks at it) and thus make it possible to carry more supplies farther! This would be a helpful but not too helpful of a monthly momento that the island builders can seriously get behind.

Profile Email
Lain
 Thursday, August 20 2015 @ 01:54 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

I agree. That would be spectacular. I'd absolutely get behind a cart...or in front of one.

Profile Email
Kt. Troublefield
 Thursday, August 20 2015 @ 02:50 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

I think that sounds awesome!

Profile Email
Kolojang
 Thursday, August 20 2015 @ 06:16 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

25% to 75% reduction seems like a lot to me! As someone who (used to) builds a lot, of course I would like that. But I think this item would work better as a one time use. Maybe something you could rent along the building tools for 10 ciggies? Or even a one time use Hunter's Lodge item?

Profile Email
JonT
 Thursday, August 20 2015 @ 01:07 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

That range was just where I think it would fit, though I thought 25% reduction would be best, I thought 75% would be a good range (thinking on it, I don't know why)

Profile Email
Trowa
 Thursday, August 20 2015 @ 02:17 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

That's a pretty slick idea!

I also wouldn't mind a 'tool' or something that reduced building costs a small amount, sort of like the Fly Swatter, but for building.

I also had an idea for a memento or series of mementos that would increase the stamina exp gained from certain actions. For example, a hard hat that increased your building knowledge (or something; I'm a sucker for construction seeing as how it's part of my real job Razz). Or, make them more specific, like mementos for quarrying stone, logging wood, carpentry, etc. Not a stamina boost, necessarily, like the 'tool' I mentioned above, just something that made learning those skills slightly quicker like the Littlehead does for Level exp. Or have mementos for both! The stamina reduction mementos would appeal to experienced builders, and the exp boosters would appeal to new builders. Smile

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
Zoinks
 Thursday, August 20 2015 @ 02:37 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Trowa

That's a pretty slick idea!

I also wouldn't mind a 'tool' or something that reduced building costs a small amount, sort of like the Fly Swatter, but for building.

I also had an idea for a memento or series of mementos that would increase the stamina exp gained from certain actions. For example, a hard hat that increased your building knowledge (or something; I'm a sucker for construction seeing as how it's part of my real job Razz). Or, make them more specific, like mementos for quarrying stone, logging wood, carpentry, etc. Not a stamina boost, necessarily, like the 'tool' I mentioned above, just something that made learning those skills slightly quicker like the Littlehead does for Level exp. Or have mementos for both! The stamina reduction mementos would appeal to experienced builders, and the exp boosters would appeal to new builders. Smile

Robots earn increased skill XP with everything. On top of that they have decreased building costs. That combined with the Blockhead and maybe a superchrono make them building machines. (Pun intended)

Alternately, one of the spring waters in Kittania give you increased skill XP for 40ish rounds.

But anyways, the point here is that... I think the game is pretty balanced and fair by how limited and difficult earning XP for each skill is.
While I would totally LOVE something like you're suggesting, I don't expect anything like that, based on the 'balance' of the game.

Profile Email
JonT
 Sunday, August 23 2015 @ 01:48 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

The only super big problem I can see with something that lowers stamina cost specifically for building is that Builder's Brews already do that and if you lowered the cost 2% it would make the stamina cost so low you would remove the need for brews which is a big thing people spend SP on. With the lessened weight idea it's a problem that's one that could use helping with but it's also not going to make anything else obsolete.

Profile Email
Zoinks
 Tuesday, September 01 2015 @ 06:51 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Well, we didn't exactly get what you were going for here, but we DID get a MM involving building! It works like a mini version of a Builder's Brew!
More deets here: http://enquirer.improbableisland.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=monthly_mementos

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.30 seconds
New Topic Post Reply