Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Off-Topic > Out-of-Game New Topic Post Reply
 Wiki entry for a list of mementos. Yay or Nay?
 |  Printable Version
Kolojang
 Saturday, September 05 2015 @ 06:18 AM UTC (Read 1833 times)  
Forum Contender
Contender

So this is going to be a pretty simple premise, but that seems to generate some rather in dept considerations.

Would you be for or against the creation of a wiki entry listing the various mementos (player made and monthly), their name, and any combination of their description, their "use" text, and/or their creator and/or owner(s).

Objections were raised as that some people would not want their memento listed. The wiki is public, and I for one don't intend to add mementos up there without checking with their creator (I'll probably still write down the unique ones that were given to me, but not with their creator's name without checking first).

Objections were also raised as to that the list will cheapen mementos, will be used for bragging, etc. This is the point that prompted me to post this message, as I think it needs discussion.

Profile Email
Zoinks
 Saturday, September 05 2015 @ 06:31 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Monthly Mementos already have their own page.

Profile Email
Twosocks Monkey
 Monday, September 07 2015 @ 06:26 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I think it sounds fab! As long as you're careful and ask people I don't any reason it would be a problem! Our Islanders are so creative it would be nice to see some sort of list or something of them!

Big Grin

moo

moooooooooo Visit and help me finish the monster list: goo.gl/rpBGe (Ya'll mostly know me as CLOG, fyi)

Profile Email Website
Trowa
 Tuesday, September 08 2015 @ 04:56 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I like this idea! There are waaaay too many Mementos out there for anyone to ever "catch them all" (and I know people try!).

I kinda feel like the list should be anonymous, since it's anonymous in-game. If someone wants to take credit for it, usually it's already in the memento.

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
Zoinks
 Tuesday, September 08 2015 @ 07:29 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

http://enquirer.improbableisland.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=list_of_common_mementos

Created. There's a bunch of warnings and guidelines and stuff. If there are more concerns, they should either be voiced here or added in.

(Also, add your guy's in so I'm not the only one with things up there.)

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.21 seconds
New Topic Post Reply