Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Off-Topic > In-Game New Topic Post Reply
 Looking for Profile Picture
 |  Printable Version
Mave
 Saturday, October 03 2015 @ 05:55 AM UTC (Read 2031 times)  
Forum Newbie

So you can only have a pic on II that is super tiny, that you own the rights to. So you have to either make it yourself (which I SUCK at doing) or have permission from the one who made it (which is what I am looking for).
Is there anyone that would like to make me an awesome profile pic? I'll do my best to pay you! I just got my first DK, so I'm still a low level with not much cash, but I can try and build some up! Anyone want to help a poor kitty out? Please and thank you!

Profile Email
Iriana
 Saturday, October 03 2015 @ 06:18 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Here's a list of artists who are available for avatar-drawing: http://enquirer.improbableisland.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=artists There are notes on their prices on the right (but note that those who take commissions mostly do so for real-world money or supporter points, which come from donations to the Island, not in-game money). You can check out the links to their work and the descriptions and see if anything will work for you!

Profile Email
Mave
 Saturday, October 03 2015 @ 09:38 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Thank you! I'll have to find one that only takes in-game currency because I am totally broke, but I appreciate the list very much.

Profile Email
Kolojang
 Monday, October 05 2015 @ 04:40 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Just a heads up, you can't really pay people with in game currency. Well, you can but it's not practical. Req can only be transfered by a tiny amount at a time. You can buy expensive eboy stuff and send it, but that requires (albeit a very small amount) donator points to do. But the real snag is that req is virtually useless to most people since it resets every DK.

The only valuable in-game ressource is cigarettes - which you can only send in the form of cigarette packs bought with real money at the Hunter's Lodge. You can't send your ingame earned ciggies to anyone

That being said, try asking around to your friends in Banter. I've seen talented Islander do free sketches or even colored avi for free sometimes as a gift. It goes without saying (which makes me wonder why I'm doing it) that you should try not to spam Banter about it. My suggestion is that you play the game, make in and out of character friends, build a network, and see what happens from there.

Profile Email
Full Metal Lion
 Monday, October 05 2015 @ 07:51 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

You just need a profile picture that doesn't violate copyright;this is an unreasonable worry, and both you and CMJ would be fine if you violated that rule you can search the Internet for public domain artwork or for art under some other suitably free license.
It is hard to find public domain pictures of catgirls who exactly resemble one's character, I grant you. You might want to look into MakeHuman, which is good for creating 3D models of humanoids. You could also use The GIMP or Pinta to draw cat ears on some other photo you find, or something.

Profile Email Website
Iriana
 Monday, October 05 2015 @ 03:05 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

To add on to that, there are free "character creation" generators online that let you choose from a variety of facial features, clothes, etc. etc., such as http://www.heromachine.com/heromachine-3-lab/. I'm sure it would be fine for you to take a screenshot of it once you're done and use it as your avatar.

Don't forget that it costs SP to input an avatar, too--25 SP. At some point, real-world money will need to be involved here.

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Tuesday, October 06 2015 @ 05:33 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Quote by: Iriana

To add on to that, there are free "character creation" generators online that let you choose from a variety of facial features, clothes, etc. etc., such as http://www.heromachine.com/heromachine-3-lab/. I'm sure it would be fine for you to take a screenshot of it once you're done and use it as your avatar.

Don't forget that it costs SP to input an avatar, too--25 SP. At some point, real-world money will need to be involved here.

Of course, since supporter points are a penny each, that's only going to cost a quarter.

Moreover, you can get five dollars' worth of supporter points from the game FREE without donating anything by running the World Community Grid client and helping to cure cancer -- because CMJ is awesome.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.58 seconds
New Topic Post Reply