Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Off-Topic > Out-of-Game New Topic Post Reply
 Skronky Jeep
 |  Printable Version
Kolojang
 Monday, November 30 2015 @ 06:44 AM UTC (Read 1183 times)  
Forum Contender
Contender

In my experience, the best way to get that kind of smell out is with a steam washer used for cleaning upholstery. The cigarette smell is going to be a bit harder to deal with though, since there's probably smoke dust all over aeration system. My best advice is to scrub it as best as you can, then put some dryer sheets around the car and maybe an opened box of baking soda. Also you might find in hardware store or in pet shops things to get rid of odors. They look like a small container of margarine, and contain some sort of blue gel/charcoal thing inside. Those work very well too.

Profile Email
Grey
 Monday, November 30 2015 @ 12:46 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Another good one is Vodka, 1 part vodka to ten parts water in a spray bottle, dilute enough so you don't smell alcohol but it gets rid of odours really, really well.

Profile Email
Ebenezer
 Monday, November 30 2015 @ 02:22 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Baking soda. Though it was already mentioned by Kolojang, it's worth mentioning again. Pour dry baking soda on everything and scrub it in, let it sit for several hours, then vacuum it out.

You might also try white vinegar (mixed with water) on the puke spot. I use baking soda and vinegar to clean everything. Cheap and effective. Though, it makes a volcano if you use both together...which is sometimes a helpful volcano. A helpful, cleaning volcano. Of cleaning.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Monday, November 30 2015 @ 05:49 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

I'm trying the baking soda thing.

One advantage of having a Jeep over an ancient custom van is that a whole bunch of people have Jeeps. There are, like, Jeep forums and stuff, and I should be able to find parts fairly easily.

Profile Email Website
Anonymous: morgreth
 Monday, November 30 2015 @ 08:48 PM UTC  

I usually used a light mix of baking soda and citrus cleaner (normally Orange Blast if I could find it) with either a shampoo machine or with bristle brushes, power washer (not recommended for all applications, just those where stuff CAN get wet), and wet vac. A bit of baking soda paste works really well on a toothbrush to get into dash and molding crevices, just rinse brush REALLY well and don't flick all the water out when 'rinsing' the dash. keep a towel under as you go, to catch run-off. Dash-vent freshener sticks can help clear the air a bit.

Shark Meat
 Tuesday, December 01 2015 @ 12:07 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

If it's a proper Jeep, the carpet should come out easily. It's only held in by snap buttons. From there you could either try to clean it, or toss it out and use something else. I used truck bed coating in my floorboard so that when someone eventually spews in my backseat, I can just spray the Jeep out with a garden hose.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.24 seconds
New Topic Post Reply