Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Places > Places: Feedback and Development New Topic Post Reply
 Can someone put the pictures back in the Programming tutorials?
 |  Printable Version
Audax
 Monday, November 30 2015 @ 03:58 PM UTC (Read 1436 times)  
Forum Newbie

Hello, some of the more advanced programming tutorials don't have pictures anymore, can someone reissue or fix that?

Also, can I have some help on room dialogue. Say A & B are having a conversation. Five minutes into the conversation, C enters the room. Is there a way to hide what was previously said from C, but not from A or B? I know it's going to involve memories and thoughts somehow, but I'm not sure how to set it up.

Thanks,

Audax

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Monday, November 30 2015 @ 08:05 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

The pictures have disappeared because the site that was hosting them got rid of them, probably because nobody looked at them in too long.

I still have copies stashed away, but I need somewhere to put them and a while to sort out which picture goes where (they aren't well labeled at all, just have inscrutable names consisting of timestamps Eek!). That second need will take some while, I may get round to it over Christmas, but there's no guarantee. As for the first, shall I just chuck them all in the Gallery of Shame? They don't really fit there very well and there's quite a lot of them.

Alternatively, if somebody else has the stamina to sort it all out then I could just mail you the images. Any volunteers?

As for your second problem, I don't think that's possible. The only real control you have over the chat area is to keep it or delete the whole lot, as far as I know. Could somebody else verify this though? Or even better, refute it.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Monday, November 30 2015 @ 11:17 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

I can upload them to the Island's FTP if you can sort the filenames out. Then it'd be permanent and reliable.

Profile Email Website
Count Sessine
 Tuesday, December 01 2015 @ 12:13 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Quote by: Hairy+Mary

The pictures have disappeared because the site that was hosting them got rid of them, probably because nobody looked at them in too long.

{...}

Alternatively, if somebody else has the stamina to sort it all out then I could just mail you the images. Any volunteers?

**Raises hand.**

Detail-heavy sorting out of images, renaming of files, matching them to dead links? That sounds like my sort of job. Let's talk.

Profile Email
Wongo the Sane
 Wednesday, December 02 2015 @ 02:00 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Audax

Can I have some help on room dialogue. Say A & B are having a conversation. Five minutes into the conversation, C enters the room. Is there a way to hide what was previously said from C, but not from A or B? I know it's going to involve memories and thoughts somehow, but I'm not sure how to set it up.

This sounds a lot like the Soundproofing option you could get for rooms.
Is that still a thing? (I'm very out the loop on place building these days)

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Friday, December 11 2015 @ 02:08 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

This has now been done. Thanks, CMJ, for hosting these images where they'll be safe!

If someone would care to check my work over, make sure I haven't committed some silly mistake and assigned an image or two to the wrong spot altogether, I'd be much obliged.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Friday, December 11 2015 @ 10:28 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I've had a look over it, and it looks good to me. Nice one!

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.19 seconds
New Topic Post Reply