Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Small things I'd like to see (Feel Free to add your own!)
 |  Printable Version
Lea.wolfsfeld
 Sunday, January 03 2016 @ 11:04 PM UTC (Read 4792 times)  
Forum Contender
Contender

Things I'd like to see on II...

-More jewellery would be nice
-ways to mess around with the tattoos maybe?
-more events in the jungle? Having a few more positive things to stumble across while smashing monster face in might encourage more to fight.
-Increased cig drop rates around outposts with high threat levels. Yeah yeah, I know folks would probably nail the outpost as soon as it climbed in threats but it would stop breaching...right?
-more stories stored in the notebook
-more stuff for the notebook
-the ability to organize place storage
-the ability to make your place rooms vague in regards to the contestant list. So if a person was in The Place: Room C it will just show as The Place on the contestant list. ANd it would entirely be opt-in.
-I dunno how this would be done but the ability to test out programs before investing in it. Say if you have an idea for a project but you're not really sure how many programs you'd need or how many parts, it'd be nice to have a dummy system to play around with first to see if it would work the way you want before you start.

Profile Email
Zoinks
 Monday, January 04 2016 @ 05:14 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

- More Story Passes.
- More of CMJ so instead of him being worshiped as an all powerful god who's attire consists of nothing but Ban Hammers strapped together with pure manliness, he's seen as our friend and what not, as I've heard from some of the older players he used to act as much more often. I understand he's got a life an all, though. Yeah.
- Most definitely custom tattoos.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Monday, January 04 2016 @ 05:21 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

I'd love to be on moar often guys but things

Profile Email Website
CavemanJoe
 Monday, January 04 2016 @ 05:21 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

THINGS

Profile Email Website
Wongo the Sane
 Tuesday, January 05 2016 @ 05:49 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Seeing the talk in 'player retention' made me wonder if there could be an in-island location where players can advertise those places that are sub-games?

Possibly with a system whereby other players can rate them on things like difficulty (humour? Quality of writing?), but I appreciate that has potential for Drama...

Profile Email
Sillie
 Friday, January 08 2016 @ 02:21 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

I would like the contestant list to show the actual map coordinates of characters in the wilderness, instead of claiming they are at an outpost.

I would like some clarity on what the suits (of the new Deck of Cards) do.

I would like access to the actual combat and buff algorithms. I'll sign a non-disclosure agreement.

I would like the Hall o' Fame lists to be searchable, so I can find out where contestant-fill-in-the-blank is in toughness, for instance. (What is toughness, anyway?)

Let's have a hunger bar that shows my actual condition.

I want the experience bar to tell me how close I am to being jumped on for truancy.

Profile Email
Sillie
 Friday, January 08 2016 @ 02:49 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

I need to see the tattoos (from the Deck of Cards) I've got, to estimate whether it is a good gamble to draw from the deck.

What is the story on the Giant Tattoo Mutant? Does it have any relationship to purchased tattoos? To tattoos from the Deck of Cards?

How about some clues on where the Rook Trader can be found?

Some kind of radar, even if vague and fuzzy, to help in Titan hunting, would be appreciated.

I need ways for Robots to recover stamina. Tap off the lightning guns in IC?

Profile Email
Sammi
 Friday, January 08 2016 @ 02:44 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Sillie: About the Deck,
From what I've seen, you need to draw a new card each day to activate your deck tattoos, you may lose one suit, but you still activate the others. I suspect "he Stranger" and "The Dancer" effect all suits, but have not drawn either (yet) nor heard from someone who has.T

Profile Email
Iriana
 Saturday, January 09 2016 @ 08:38 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Some kind of radar, even if vague and fuzzy, to help in Titan hunting, would be appreciated.

Crawling all around the map is kind of part of the Titan-hunting game. Can't have it be too easy, can it? And there is a vague, fuzzy radar--it's the sound-based system that tells you if there's a Titan nearby. Its range is long enough that you shouldn't have to crawl to every single square to find a Titan, as far as I remember.

I want the experience bar to tell me how close I am to being jumped on for truancy.

There's a formula for this, so there's a Greasemonkey script that adds an additional bar below the regular one. Try it, it's great.

Profile Email
Sillie
 Saturday, January 09 2016 @ 07:54 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Background: In List Contestants, if I Search By Name on Mist, I get a bunch of extra responses, such as Only a Mirage, not Silcatra. I don't know whether this is a simple bug, or it's searching in the character's bio, or their wiki page, or searching every forum post, but it's not following the Law of Least Astonishment. REQUEST: I request a simple search by name in place of or as an alternative to whatever the current search does.

Profile Email
Trowa
 Monday, January 11 2016 @ 07:52 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Sillie

I would like the contestant list to show the actual map coordinates of characters in the wilderness, instead of claiming they are at an outpost.

I'd rather it just said "in the wilderness," and not give coordinates at all. Wanna find me, come get me, bruuhh! Wink

I would like the Hall o' Fame lists to be searchable, so I can find out where contestant-fill-in-the-blank is in toughness, for instance. (What is toughness, anyway?)

Toughness is Max HP. That's why the character's level is also included in that page (since your HP goes up each time you level).

Searchable H0F would be great!

Right now the current search method in the List Contestants only looks for whether or not a name + title has the letters you've input. In your example looking for "Mist," "Only a Mirage, not Silcatra," has all four of those letters. Weird, I know, but that's the connection you're looking for.

I keep forgetting the Greasemonkey script (from Iriana's post) is not universal. I installed that thing years ago and never looked back. This would be great as a standard feature.

I need ways for Robots to recover stamina. Tap off the lightning guns in IC?

Robots are so OP, I see this limitation as by design (I think there's even been discussion of this elsewhere). The only way for Robots to gain stamina without a new day is the Glass & Mirror once a day.

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
Sillie
 Thursday, January 14 2016 @ 09:10 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Immediately after using a Zap grenade, running away should be nearly-certain.

I would like there to be fewer automatic victories and defeats. One time I hit level 15, and before I accomplished liquidating req and distributing gum, The Improbability Drive jumped on me, and my character one-shot killed it before I even had a chance to act (I would have used a teleporter I keep on my bandoleer for just such an emergency). Well, just nuts!

Profile Email
Iriana
 Tuesday, January 19 2016 @ 08:18 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I'd like to be able to make my Place name capitalized in the description listing in the center of the page, while having it not capitalized in the nav listing.

Say you have a Place that doesn't have an official name. It's just a hut. When you name the Place, you would not capitalize the first letter, because you want the navigation listing to look like this:

> Enter the hut in the woods

And not:

> Enter The hut in the woods

But this makes the place title appear as "the hut in the woods" in the center of the page, which looks kind of weird to me because it's on its own line there. I'd love to have it say "The hut in the woods".

Profile Email
Widdershins
 Friday, January 22 2016 @ 10:59 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: Sillie How about some clues on where the Rook Trader can be found?

Next May, the Stone Rook should be available in the Hunter's Lodge, a past Monthly Memento that calls the Rook Trader into town. If you don't want to wait, maybe you can find someone who doesn't play Rooktrader for a swap?
No, I need mine! My precioussss! *cradles stone rook and drools on it*

A Titan Finder could be an idea for a future MM.

Profile Email
jenkins
 Wednesday, February 17 2016 @ 05:01 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Some form of item crafting with in game mechanics?
Would be nice to search around for bits and pieces to build yourself a new BANG grenade or something.

A different form of combat for melee/ranged weapons would be nice.

Season Three!

Profile Email
Genevieve
 Thursday, February 25 2016 @ 05:20 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

**Quietly slides her Places Wish List into the discussion**

http://enquirer.improbableisland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=19&showtopic=32696

Profile Email Website
Hairy Mary
 Friday, February 26 2016 @ 06:37 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Genevieve

**Quietly slides her Places Wish List into the discussion**

http://enquirer.improbableisland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=19&showtopic=32696

**Makes mental note to go and have a look round Port Foley to see what cool new things are being added there.**

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.70 seconds
New Topic Post Reply