Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Back Button Badnav
 |  Printable Version
Zoinks
 Tuesday, March 22 2016 @ 05:44 AM UTC (Read 1066 times)  
Forum Badass
Badass

So, we've all had it happen, I'm sure. We're playing and we instinctively click the back button to go from the jungle to our corresponding Outpost or maybe back to map, only to get struck with a badnav!

This normally makes perfect sense, since the navigation system is really important for this game, but I learned about something recently. Something called a history pushstate.

Basically it lets programmers tells browsers to not go to the previous page when the back button is clicked but instead it will provide it with what should do.(If I'm understanding it correctly. I may be totally wrong.)
So, let's say you're in Gmail and you've opened an email. It doesn't open a whole new page, but if you click the back button, it doesn't leave the page, either! Instead it goes back to your inbox!

Anyways, the point is, I was wondering if it would be possible to use this thing to make back buttons possible to be used on the Island. Like, I exit NewHome to the Jungle and click back and end up right back in NewHome with brand spanking new navs.

I don't expect this to become implemented, as it sounds like a lot of work to me, but I thought it might be a nifty idea if possible.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.07 seconds
New Topic Post Reply