Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 The Monster Diary
 |  Printable Version
Zoinks
 Monday, July 11 2016 @ 10:24 PM UTC (Read 834 times)  
Forum Badass
Badass

The Monster Diary needs some love. So here we go.

This was added a while back. A nifty item you can get in the Hunter's Lodge for 500 SP.
It tells you (after you rate a monster):
The entirety of the monster's event text.
The level at which said monster appears.
Whether the monster appears in the Jungle, Failboat, or both.
The win and loss text of the monster.
All the Combat Targets the monster has.
And, as a bonus, it tells you some random facts about monsters whenever you open it!

Isn't that just AWESOME?!
I've used it a bunch of times and it's just really nice. Let me tell you.
Before this I never rated a single monster. Now I'm almost halfway done rating them all!

If the information I got is correct, Sessine aka Junebug was the one who made this feature entirely.

Anyways, now that that's all out of the way, I'd just like to throw out some ideas I had for other potential features.

Some monsters drop extra cigs on a separate chance and have custom flavor text for such. Maybe that could be listed in there?

Some special monsters, such as the Mighty Magpie, Titans, etc, can't be rated, but still have some pretty nice flavor text. Those could, possibly, be listed too?

Maybe... a checklist of sorts per level of monsters rated so someone knows if they've CAUGHT THEM ALL?

Perhaps a note when you rate a monster that their event text can now be found in a Monster Diary if one has them?

That's all I've got for now.

Profile Email
Full Metal Lion
 Tuesday, July 12 2016 @ 12:01 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Zoinks

Maybe... a checklist of sorts per level of monsters rated so someone knows if they've CAUGHT THEM ALL?

Improbable Island Go?

Profile Email Website
Count Sessine
 Tuesday, July 12 2016 @ 07:24 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

I did leave some clues for the Island's completists! The Monster Diary occasionally reveals exactly how many different monsters are currently in the jungle at a random level. There's no daily limit on how often you can use the Diary. Also, it'll tell you what the latest monster is. When that changes, that's a hint to go hunting again...

As for the extra-cigarette drops, well, there aren't all that many of them. Your most reliable friends in that regard will be the level-1 This Guy, the SpiderKitty, and -- naturally -- the Malfunctioning Cigarette Lighter. There are also four others who have a smaller chance of being careless with their cigs. Identifying them is left as an exercise for the student. Mr. Green

(Actually, I think there are quite a few veterans who have already worked it all out.)

As for the Magpie, Titans, etc.? They would be hard, and in some cases impossible. Each one has its own module, and the descriptions are hard-coded into the PHP where another module can't get at it. Yes, some of them, the ones originally from LotGD, were "translated" when CMJ first created the Island, but I do not want to deal with the translation database. Just... take my word for that, okay? It would be a pain to code, and a sure magnet for Murphy's Law. Sorry!

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.15 seconds
New Topic Post Reply