Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Off-Topic > Out-of-Game New Topic Post Reply
 Question about Oncoming Train
 |  Printable Version
Rohvannyc
 Sunday, August 07 2016 @ 10:53 AM UTC (Read 1449 times)  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Hi folks! I am in the middle of writing a (positive) review about this game for my blog, and I needed to know something about the Oncoming Train monster. Can any of you possibly get me the text from the monster encounter? Of course, the bloody thing just won't attack me when I want it!

If anyone can do this, I would really appreciate it.

"Courage is the price that Life exacts itself for granting peace" - AE

Profile Email Website
Full Metal Lion
 Sunday, August 07 2016 @ 12:27 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

From Rosemoo's Improbable Monsters Spreadsheet:

As your curly-mustached nemesis scurries away, you struggle against the cords that bind you to the train tracks. Your arms are pinned to your sides by one rope looped multiple times around you and your ankles are tightly bound to a wooden railroad tie by a second rope."Whoo-whoo!" Oh, great. The train is coming. You shuffle left and right, hoping to loosen the upper rope by scraping against the track. It seems to be having a little effect. "Whoo-whoo!" The train is getting closer. Encouraged, you continue to try to catch the rope on sharp rocks and metal nails beneath you so that you can pull your arms free. You distract yourself from the pain by talking to yourself. "That dastardly villain! He's probably back at his lair, watching my demise, or maybe he's hiding in the nearby bushes, controlling the train remotely. Wherever he may be, I will defeat him!" With that declaration, you let out a roar, and rip your arms out through the cords! You push yourself off of the ground only to realize that though you can stand, your feet are still secured in place to the tracks. You unsheath your weapon and try to cut your ankle ropes. 'WHOO-WHOO! Chugga-chugga-chugga-" It's too late to tear the second set of rope. The train is only a couple dozen meters from you. There's no avoiding a collision, and there's no avoiding one of these two bodies being smashed apart by it. You face the train and ready your weapon. Time to be awesome.

Profile Email Website
Rohvannyc
 Sunday, August 07 2016 @ 05:55 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Thank you very much! That's exactly what I needed.

"Courage is the price that Life exacts itself for granting peace" - AE

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.15 seconds
New Topic Post Reply