Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Off-Topic > Out-of-Game New Topic Post Reply
 A status update on my current situation
 |  Printable Version
Lea.wolfsfeld
 Tuesday, October 31 2017 @ 05:49 PM UTC (Read 219 times)  
Forum Contender
Contender

For a lack of a better place to put this, I'll put it here

So as a lot of folks know, I moved to the US back in July due to being in an extremely rough situation in the UK and finding myself being boxed into going back to sweet old Florida.

I think the phrase I'm looking to describe for this situation is "From the pan and into the flame" and I wish I could say that I was joking.

For the first part of this whole mess, there were lies about how things were going to be handled and I've found myself sleeping in less than idea situation with extremely harsh conditions imposed on my staying there.

First, the place is extremely cluttered to the point roaches are a major problem. I can say with the utmost confidence that one of the people I live with now is a hoarder with boxes of shit packed ceiling high and everywhere. Second, it's four people living in a tiny apartment and there isn't anywhere I could possibly sleep except for this boxy and uncomfortable recliner.

And as for the conditions, we have this problem where the landlord is already mighty pissed with the state of the apartment and the idea more people are living there is the straw that may break the camel's back. And thus I have to play Landlord Dodging from 10am to 6pm everyday. Which shouldn't be too bad but given that I work a fast food's graveyard shift to about 4am in the morning and have to get up at 8ish to get ready, do my own chores and so on makes it extremely rough on the body.

"But Lea, why don't you get a different Job? I know you went to college and shit, why are you working such a crappy Job?"

When I came to the US, because of a problem with eventually being declared an illegal immigrant and basically having to fuck off out of the country, any qualifications I have is mostly null and void in the eyes of most folks who bother to background check it.

Only solution I have to work with at the moment is to at least get my GEDs which is of course another cost. With which getting chump change for flipping burgers and always having to get something else stops me from getting that shit done.

I need new shoes as I'm wearing holes into my only pair.
I need glasses as my right eye decided it wants to return to fuck with my vision further.
I would like to get a haircut (I haven't gotten one in years thanks to costs)
I still need to get food.
I need to pay rent.

I've thought about setting up a gofundme but I dunno if I can keep doing that every time I'm struggling. Hell, at the time of me writing this my account is overdrawn by like $6 because of having to get shit to just last until next week. I need help but I'm honestly not sure what I can and can't do at this point. I'm in the middle of trying to get back onto foodstamps (they kicked me off because my first paycheck was bloated) but I got pocket change *when I wasn't working*. So I imagine it'd be even less now.

Ideas? Thoughts?

If you wanna help or you've got an idea you don't wanna talk about here you can always distract my character Lea Brecht

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.03 seconds
New Topic Post Reply