Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Legacy Forums: Season One > Ideas, Suggestions, Requests and Wishlists New Topic Post Reply
 advanced communication tools, imbeddable widgets, and other stuff
 |  Printable Version
crashtestpilot
 Friday, January 16 2009 @ 12:36 AM UTC (Read 1257 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Gentlemen, ladies, and those who despise gender-related honorifics,
I come before you today, vaguely inebriated, but otherwise in good health to address a pressing topic.
To wit: We now live in a Web 2.0 Universe.
To that end, things like imbeddable widgets are, well, expected. In addition, robust communication tools are de rigeur.
Here are the things that chap my hide at the moment: It's a list, so bear with me.
1) Why can't I write a distraction to 3-4 clan leaders at once, in the interest of things like diplomacy?
2) Why can't I imbed a clickable URL in my clan forum?
3) Why is my beer room temperature? Okay, forget that one for the nonce.
4) Why can't I create a blog in the II blogs section? I mean, c'mon. I'll happily blog away, but that will be located on another site, and Dan can't get ad revenue from that, so why would I want to hurt Dan in that way. I mean, well, I can think of reasons -- but they don't represent my best of selves.
5) Why can't I imbed a widget into the Clan Halls, so the folks that are working on city control can get an instant readout of where we stand with respect to city holdings without teleporting all over the freaking Island, cutting and pasting numerical data, imbedding that into spreadsheets we all share, but are otherwise unhosted by anything Dan happens to own and from which he can realize revenue.

Note that I am creating workarounds, sure, but would rather do it in a way that supports rather than detracts from the Dan universe.

So, with that, back to putting beer back into fridge.

Much love,

CTP

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.11 seconds
New Topic Post Reply