Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Possible bug - buying one's way off the Failboat
 |  Printable Version
Wright
 Tuesday, July 07 2009 @ 08:29 PM UTC (Read 1162 times)  
Forum Newbie

It appears that bribing the Watcher results in something that looks very much like a New Day - full HP, and more importantly, full Stamina. Is that right? It seems as though the restoration should leave the Stamina level alone.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Tuesday, July 07 2009 @ 08:46 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Well, kinda. I am going to put in a "New Day" button for Donators, but it'll likely be more than 25 points - conversely, I'm gonna put in another way or two to bribe The Watcher, and one of them will be Donator Points for a smaller amount (say, ten points - doesn't trigger a newday, just spits you back out onto the Island).

So, here's how it'll look:

From FailBoat, Village, Anywhere Else:
Buy a New Day
* New Day (%s Donator Points)

(where %s is whatever I eventually decide upon - I'm thinking somewhere between 20 and 50, perhaps with a restriction so that the player can only use the feature once per system game day (or twice per three system game days, whatever we decide upon). We want to give the donators an advantage, but not an enormous one.)

From FailBoat:
Bribe your way off the Island
* Bribe The Watcher with two cigarettes
* Bribe The Watcher with 10 Donator Points

Profile Email Website
Agrajag
 Tuesday, July 07 2009 @ 09:16 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

From my point of view, as an infrequent donator, I don't see a problem with giving donators an "enormous" advantage. I probably wouldn't spend my tiny stash of DPs on something like this, but I'm willing to see those who keep the island afloat zoom ahead. II's not like the high-graphics game sites where the high-ranking players have any real negative effect on the lower-ranking ones anyway. They can PvP, but that doesn't sting too much... actually, CAN they PvP anymore?

How about a logarythmic scale for the bribes... 10 DP, then 100, then 1000, or 20, 50, 200?

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.15 seconds
New Topic Post Reply