Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Descriptions.
 |  Printable Version
James Bond
 Wednesday, July 08 2009 @ 03:27 AM UTC (Read 707 times)  
Forum Badass
Badass

We've all been thinking about it, and some of us have been discussing it, too.

With the bringing of the new season, would it be possible to change descriptions of certain locations, events, or creatures?
I know that the failboat might be changed, and it's brought to light for me some other places, events, and/or creatures that can have theirs changed, to.

For instance, the Common Ground/Location 4 (or whatever it is) makes little sense to me.
If there are enterances to it all over the Island, why can't we travel to these places from there?
A simple new description could help.
Example:

**As you head towards the Common Grounds, you find your way blocked by an extremely large man in a leapord-skin leotard.
Craning up to look at him, you can't help but think that he looks like a circus strong-man from the Circus back home.

"What's with this? I've never been stopped before." You demand of him.
"Sorry sir/ma'am, new rules. Please take your spot at the end of the line." He directs you to a rather large line-up, leading to a single man sitting behind a desk.

You consider cutting the line, but seeing the strong-man's considerable muscles, you decide to wait your turn.
After what seems like several hours, you get to the front of the line.

"Alright then, and you would be....?" Asks the scrawny man behind the desk, staring up at you over his glasses.
"(Insert name here)".
"Alright then..." The man behind the desk pulls out a stone slab, and chisels your name into it. "And location of entrance?"
"(Insert City Name Here). What's this all about, then?"
"It's just a new policy we're enforcing; to ensure that people aren't only using our fine Grounds as a short-cut to other places on the Island, we are ensuring that every person entering these grounds carry a simple chip with them." He gestures to the giant stone slab in front of you. "With this, we can monitor who is entering from where, and make sure that they leave from the same location."

After a considerable amount of chiseling, you are handed the slab, and allowed to enter the Common Grounds.**

Just a thought: If anyone else has any other ideas, feel free to contribute.

Profile Email
Giuseppe Lorenzo
 Wednesday, July 08 2009 @ 03:43 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Seems a bit like nitpicking to me.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Wednesday, July 08 2009 @ 04:35 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

I'm quite content to wave my hand and say "Improbability" on that one. Maybe I'll include a coupla lines saying that, for reasons unknown, contestants can only leave via the way they came in, and nobody really knows why.

Improbability lets me get away with a lot of things. Smile

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.16 seconds
New Topic Post Reply