Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Saucy's Kitchen in IC - Bring her back please
 |  Printable Version
Jade XXIV
 Wednesday, July 08 2009 @ 07:22 PM UTC (Read 3498 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

There's no restaurant in IC. While I know they are in other outposts, I miss Saucy and her delightful dishes. Is she being retooled and then brought back in the future? I know I can't be the only one that misses their daily trip to Saucy's.

Islanding since 2009.

Profile Email
K.K. Victoria
 Wednesday, July 08 2009 @ 07:24 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Immediate onboard.

I went to Saucy every single day, even when I didn't need the turns, just for the vague laugh of her serving whatever anything and me eating it regardless of the side effect or how much food poisoning it was just chock full of.

I WANT SAUCY BACK!

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
lelila
 Wednesday, July 08 2009 @ 07:27 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Poor Saucy - IC isn't the same without her!

Profile Email
SicPuess
 Wednesday, July 08 2009 @ 07:28 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

YES. Just so that I can go stumble in her trash when I'm short on req again. (No, really. I liked that location.)

... ... Maybe add that as an option to the other eateries?

Profile Email
Merlin
 Wednesday, July 08 2009 @ 07:30 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

no saucy! sadness, what a shame
It pains me now to hear
that our dear saucy's is no more
a place we all hold dear.

Yes, we could go to cat town
and eat some healthy snacks
or we could get a burger
and suffer heart attacks

But what we want is Saucy's
The myst'ry and the fun
so please bring back our saucys
(this bad rhyme now is done.)

Profile Email
Rosin
 Wednesday, July 08 2009 @ 07:33 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Well said, Mer. I believe that Saucy's was not just an eatery, but a very special place in our hearts, occasionally blocking a few valves.

A magpie's work is never done.

Profile Email
Bernard
 Wednesday, July 08 2009 @ 08:42 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Hey, you guys, that Koga? Yes, you hear, well that bloody old fool Bernard he misses him, yeah, that too.

Profile Email
Gorbert
 Wednesday, July 08 2009 @ 08:52 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I don't miss Koga, but I do miss the workshop. I don't think that's a negotiable one, though. Dan had his reasons for getting rid of that (don't know what they are, but I'm sure he had reasons).

Profile Email
K.K. Victoria
 Thursday, July 09 2009 @ 01:07 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Gorbert

I don't miss Koga, but I do miss the workshop. I don't think that's a negotiable one, though. Dan had his reasons for getting rid of that (don't know what they are, but I'm sure he had reasons).

Starting DK's being able to sell scavenged weapons for a lot of money is why.

--I miss Saucy a lot more than everything else in the game!

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Thursday, July 09 2009 @ 02:21 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Clearly the people have spoken. I'll add it to my list.

Profile Email Website
K.K. Victoria
 Thursday, July 09 2009 @ 03:53 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

CELEBRATIONOUS!

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
Giuseppe Lorenzo
 Thursday, July 09 2009 @ 04:45 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: K.K.+Victoria

CELEBRATIONOUS!

Break out the champagne and h'orderves!

Profile Email
Jade XXIV
 Thursday, July 09 2009 @ 06:05 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I am extremely happy. Now, on to my bug report. (Sorry, CMJ)

Islanding since 2009.

Profile Email
Gorbert
 Thursday, July 09 2009 @ 06:12 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

CELEBRATIONOUS!

Party at CMJ's place!

Profile Email
Giuseppe Lorenzo
 Thursday, July 09 2009 @ 06:13 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

CELEBRATIONOUS!

Party at CMJ's place!

I'll bring the terrible music!

Profile Email
K.K. Victoria
 Thursday, July 09 2009 @ 06:30 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

CELEBRATIONOUS!

Party at CMJ's place!

Hell, I'll camp outside of where Saucy's new kitchen will be built and save the Celebrationous for when it opens so I can celebrate it there!

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
Bernard
 Thursday, July 09 2009 @ 07:16 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Ah, now, Koga's point is missed, hear this: He's an entrepreneur and he'd do well with another shop somewhere... I miss him and his damn fool ways. Bernard knows why the workshop went.

Profile Email
Bodoni
 Thursday, July 23 2009 @ 03:05 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

I want Saucy's Kitchen back, but I think that it might fit better in AceHigh, as the dishes and results are so random. Perhaps she could have an expanded menu, with some regular dishes (lobster bisque with extra claws? ambush hamster appetizers?) that would give a standard amount of stamina, plus the Chef's Surprises, which would be the old dishes from Season 1, and be as random as Season 1's dishes always were.

I'd like a restaurant in every outpost, please. Even CC404. I don't know if robots and their kin have to eat, but there are enough visitors who want to find Dan's maguffin or who just want to play in the Abandoned Factory that a restaurant could thrive there.

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Thursday, July 23 2009 @ 04:06 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

I'd like a restaurant in every outpost, please. Even CC404. I don't know if robots and their kin have to eat, but there are enough visitors who want to find Dan's maguffin or who just want to play in the Abandoned Factory that a restaurant could thrive there.

Robots and their kin currently don't have to eat. Nor do Jokers. Which means they're not allowed to eat... (and currently, they can't even see restaurants to sell meat! But I expect that part will be fixed.)

Not being able to eat makes them very constraining to play. Like wearing a strait jacket.

I realize they're not finished, and will be finished soon, but something you said, Dan, suggested that you're not intending this aspect of them to change: they'll get what they get for stamina each day, and nothing the player can do will allow for any meaningful extensions. I hope that's just a misinterpretation on my part.

If those three races are gaining their sustenance through some non-food means (some kind of power supply for robots/gobots, direct access to Improbability for Jokers) then that relationship with stamina needs to be at least as intricate and interesting to explore as the food/stamina relationship. There should be a skill involved, for each race -- one that improves through use and can be studied.

Those races can be made difficult to play, that's fine. (Especially Joker... that should be a challenge.) But don't make them stamina-crippled.

I am not going to whine about my cleaning/cooking skills -- which I will have raised to at least 60 by the time I start playing Joker. It's all there was to work on. I'll happily start over with an Improbability-related skill if that's available. Multiple ones, even.

Profile Email
K.K. Victoria
 Thursday, July 23 2009 @ 04:24 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Count+Sessine

Robots and their kin currently don't have to eat. Nor do Jokers. Which means they're not allowed to eat... (and currently, they can't even see restaurants to sell meat! But I expect that part will be fixed.)

Not being able to eat makes them very constraining to play. Like wearing a strait jacket.

I realize they're not finished, and will be finished soon, but something you said, Dan, suggested that you're not intending this aspect of them to change: they'll get what they get for stamina each day, and nothing the player can do will allow for any meaningful extensions. I hope that's just a misinterpretation on my part.

If those three races are gaining their sustenance through some non-food means (some kind of power supply for robots/gobots, direct access to Improbability for Jokers) then that relationship with stamina needs to be at least as intricate and interesting to explore as the food/stamina relationship. There should be a skill involved, for each race -- one that improves through use and can be studied.

Those races can be made difficult to play, that's fine. (Especially Joker... that should be a challenge.) But don't make them stamina-crippled.

I am not going to whine about my cleaning/cooking skills -- which I will have raised to at least 60 by the time I start playing Joker. It's all there was to work on. I'll happily start over with an Improbability-related skill if that's available. Multiple ones, even.

Suppose Drain works to that effect? That old skill from S1? What if instead of it giving health, it's the stamina that you sucked out of another monster while they're still alive?

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.71 seconds
New Topic Post Reply