Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Dwellings - idea
 |  Printable Version
Jade XXIV
 Friday, July 10 2009 @ 07:11 AM UTC (Read 1048 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I know we don't have dwellings yet and I am sort of dreading learning what the cost will be once they are added back in considering how gathering req is a lot more difficult in S2. Having said that, let me assure you that I love having dwellings. Here's my thought - could married players work towards purchasing a dwelling together?

One could be the primary owner, and yet a spouse can contribute towards the construction and financing of the house. Another idea - maybe give access for guards/security contract renewal for the spouses as well?

Did I discuss this with my character's in game spouse? Oops. No. I'd better do that soon.

Islanding since 2009.

Profile Email
Lady Akitsu
 Saturday, July 11 2009 @ 01:30 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

I think That'd be a fantastic idea! Then all the responsibility wouldn't be on just one spouse, especially since there's no way for anyone to transfer funds anymore, as seen in the Vending Machines. Perhaps the same could be considered of Engagement Rings?

Profile Email
Gorbert
 Saturday, July 11 2009 @ 02:07 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Hm. Two people working towards an engagement ring would take the surprise out proposing, but would also give a more equal feeling to the whole thing, like they're proposing to each other. An interesting idea.

Profile Email
James Bond
 Saturday, July 11 2009 @ 04:03 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

I agree with Jade; that sounds like a terrific idea!

Another thought; when PVP (or whatever the new one will be called) is re-introduced; I've seen two ways of avoiding it, short of cancelling it on Preferences; build a house (but they can still attack you) with guards (more difficult...), or dissappear into the jungle (they can still find you.).

Would it be possible to combine the two?
Buy matterials for a shack/cottage/mansion, but build it in a secluded spot in the jungle/plains/swamp(midgets?)/beach?
Best of both worlds, I think.

Profile Email
hajen
 Saturday, July 11 2009 @ 05:29 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

James, nice concept, but unnecessary; let me tell you why:

the two methods you mention are excellent PvP prevention tactics, but putting them together actually weakens them, which i'll explain later.

a house with guards is unbreachable as far as i know; i have never been able to attack a person that had security that was paid up. if any of my victims know different, i would like to know of it.

hiding outside the towns is almost as good. unless you hid on a main path between towns, i had more than enough victims inside the towns, that i didn't need to look elsewhere.

now, if you tried putting the two concepts together, this is how the scenario would unfold:
i would eventually find your bungalow and fix its location in my mental map. if you were to become one of my honorable adversaries (i.e. one that could kick my butt, if i didn't have all my p's and q's in order before the attack), then i would just do a search in the 'list contestants' and see if you were in my PvP range and if your location was 'their house' (some of you recognize the fallacy of this statement, but for the sake of this argument...), then i would hop on my kittybike and go visit you. Twisted Evil
now if this bungalow had guards, you would be safe; the same could be said though if the house was still within city limits also.

edit:
if you were just wanting a cabin on the beach or in the mountains (for RP purposes), that would be cool and the above argument would not matter.

"tis better to be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"

Profile Email
Yrk
 Saturday, July 11 2009 @ 11:25 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

i propose the ability to hide, it would give you a chance to not be spotted even if someone walks on the square you sleep on, depending on what terrain it is, obviously it would be easier to find a hiding person on a beach than in a mountain. Possibly you could be able to hide in your own dwelling, or build a panic room? making it seem like the dwelling is infact empty.

Profile Email
Fergus
 Saturday, July 11 2009 @ 03:40 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Guys, all this talk about guards, hiding, &c. is unnecessary now. CMJ said PvP will no longer be something you can do it anyone, it's being made into a duel-like scenario. I'm fairly certain he said both sides would have to accept the duel and a wager if they so desired.

Rather, the thing that will be more like what PvP was in S1 will be ScrapBot Wars. You will be able to attack any other player's army at any time you wish.

Of course, I could be totally wrong, but I think this is what Dan has said before.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.27 seconds
New Topic Post Reply