Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 'You still feel like you haven't eaten in days.'
 |  Printable Version
Symar
 Friday, July 10 2009 @ 09:58 PM UTC (Read 5387 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Every time I eat at a diner I have the message 'You still feel like you haven't eaten in days.' (or something close to that).

Yet, I'm starting days off now with 115% stamina thanks to... something. I eat all my crap and tasty meat (that sounds wrong) and about one cheeseburger per day, and new days say I'm doing fine. But diners don't.

Profile Email
Yrk
 Friday, July 10 2009 @ 10:14 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

apparently the trick is to under eat, i got a bit greedy a while ago when i noticed how much stamina i got from that expensive meal in squat hole ( i forgot what it was though. kebab? pizza?). After a few of those meal i got the message that i was full, aaaand the next day i woke up obese. Took me some 3 whole days of starving to get back to my normal slender shape.

Profile Email
James Bond
 Friday, July 10 2009 @ 10:34 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Try going to Kittania, and eating 2 still-twitching steaks.
This will get you up to full, but still slim.
Total cost: 1,000 req.
Next Day: 115% Stamina

Profile Email
hajen
 Friday, July 10 2009 @ 10:54 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

it's sausage pizza,... and if you get fat on it, then diet down with a gobsmack's worth of rat packs for the next few days. eventually you will be starting days with 115% stamina also. i am and i haven't ran into bad side effects yet, but then i haven't been doing it for a long time either.

"tis better to be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"

Profile Email
Symar
 Friday, July 10 2009 @ 11:44 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: James+Bond

Try going to Kittania, and eating 2 still-twitching steaks.
This will get you up to full, but still slim.
Total cost: 1,000 req.
Next Day: 115% Stamina

I am getting 115%, and new days say I'm full (I think). But diners say I'm starving. I don't understand it.

Profile Email
Yrk
 Saturday, July 11 2009 @ 10:57 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

would this be the place to requrest a way to rughly check how hungry and well nurished you are?

Profile Email
Pinche Cabron
 Saturday, August 08 2009 @ 08:48 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I second the vote for a hunger meter.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Saturday, August 08 2009 @ 09:52 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I think that the way it works, is that you can only eat so much a day. Still hungry, comfortably full, absolutely stuffed are ways of telling you how much more you can eat. Of you're starting in 115% each day then you're doing fine. Staying lean, mean and hungry. Personally I'm eating as much as I can just before a DK, when food is cheap (relative to the amount of req. you get for jungle hunting.) Then that will keep me in good stead for a few days in the next run.

Profile Email
hajen
 Saturday, August 08 2009 @ 10:06 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

does satiety carry over to the new DK run?
i'm of the opinion that it doesn't, but i've been wrong before.

i seem to get the same middling readings for each new DK and i don't purposefully do a smorgasbord (smörgåsbord) run for it. Mr. Green
anyone anything different?

Profile Email
Symar
 Saturday, August 08 2009 @ 10:30 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I generally am running at 115%, but right after a DK I get 100%.

Maybe the few days until it drops lower are still in effect, but you don't get the bonus buffs afterwards, in my experience.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Saturday, August 08 2009 @ 11:56 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Er, must confess, when I said 'This is what I'm doing...' It would have been a shade more accurate to say 'This is what I've done once, but didn't think to check the results after the DK' Oops!

Profile Email
Stanlygirl
 Sunday, August 09 2009 @ 12:03 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

It seems to me that you start, after a Drive kill, with 100% stamina plus bonus stamina you get from helm, gloves, boots.

I start fit and trim and healthy every day (115-120% stamina depending on equipment) by eating steak every day up to the point I'm not allowed to eat any more, then work off all that food by fighting, and traveling until my stamina is in the mid-to-high 30% to low 40% range. (Very, very carefully, minding my hitpoints.) Repeat ad infinitum.

Eat the best food you can afford. If you're cooking, make only full pans of tasty meat if you can. If you don't have enough tasty meat, add no more than half of half-decent meat, or else you face the same problems as living on spam and brains or sausage pizza. It takes a couple of days for the effect your bad eating habits to disappear, but it only takes one day of bad eating to start on the way to roundness. I've heard that if you eat fatty foods, you can also eat ratpacks to counter them, but I've never tried that myself.

At least, this is they way it seems to me and the way I'm doing it. I woke this morning getting round, but I just came off the FailBoat with a whole bunch of unused stamina. It was 110-120-or-something-like-that per cent. Using my method, I should be back to fit and trim tomorrow, or the next day at most.

Profile Email
Anonymous: ohgarfish
 Sunday, August 09 2009 @ 04:09 AM UTC  

Thought that a hunger meter would be good but am not concerned now.

Usually eat in Pleasantville or Kittania until it stops saying like you haven't eaten in days and then clean and cook anything that gives net positive stamina.

If eating the fatty pizza or cheeseburger, same stopping point but only cleaning and cooking those with net positive stamina (counting only half-decent and tasty in the calculation) and little fat.

I suppose if you didn't clean and cook, presume you could go until full in restaurants. Seems like the fatty meals need to be balanced out with ration packs.

Anyway, don't find it difficult without a meter.

grr, takes me a while to compose and I get "Your CAPTCHA Session has expired, please try again" often.

Pinche Cabron
 Sunday, August 09 2009 @ 05:02 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Currently I am on a quest in New Pittsburgh, and at one point I got really fat eating spam, spam, brains, spam, brains and spam. Eating one portion of spam/brains and then filling up with rations seems to have brought me back into trim.

Profile Email
Yrk
 Sunday, August 09 2009 @ 10:02 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Well, the reason i wanted a hunger meter was so i would know how full i was without actually eating.

Profile Email
Bodoni
 Monday, August 10 2009 @ 01:59 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Pinche+Cabron

I second the vote for a hunger meter.

I'd like one too.

Generally, I clean and cook my meals, and supplement occasionally with rat packs or diner meals. I do eat crap meat, but I generally don't make it more than a third of the panfull, like 7 pieces of crap meat and the rest is either tasty or half-decent. I usually only get obese when I supplement my kills with a lot of fatty diner foods, such as cheeseburgers and pizzas.

I view it this way....I eat (American) bacon, and that would pretty much be considered crap meat, as it's mostly fat, but very tasty. Usually, though, I'll eat it with other things, like eggs or beans that are low fat, so the fat gives the meal some flavor, and the lower fat items give me fiber and protein.

In my part of the US, it's pretty common to use bacon fat, that is, the leftover fat in the pan after frying, to flavor other foods.

Profile Email
hajen
 Monday, August 10 2009 @ 04:11 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

my take on diner food and and self cooked meat is thus:

cooked meat:
it gives me skill points for exercising my cleaning and cooking muscles, and a little boost of stamina for desert.
i firmly believe (and act accordingly) that this stuff never shows up on my thighs, and does nothing towards making me feel full.

diner food:
steaks - expensive, eat as much as i can afford and never get fat and enjoy the stamina.
sausage pizza, cheeseburger, spam and brains - buy one, maybe two at the most, more than that - expect porky pig in the mirror in the morning. eat rats for the rest of the day until full.
cheap items - try to save up for the more expensive stuff, but if a diet of straight rats is killing me slowly, might as well die fat and happy. Laughing Out Loud

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.59 seconds
New Topic Post Reply