Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Custom Weapons & Armor
 |  Printable Version
crashtestpilot
 Tuesday, July 14 2009 @ 12:28 AM UTC (Read 914 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

They are as bad as they were in S1: Non-persistent. We either need to fix this or get rid of the option. I tried them out because I had 50 DPs that weren't useful, but I have to say, yeah. Um. No. Not a feature.
-CTP

Profile Email
K.K. Victoria
 Tuesday, July 14 2009 @ 01:12 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Well, of course they aren't persistent, the weapons themselves aren't persistent.

But suppose that instead of renaming the individual weapon that you have, why not make it so that it renames the weapon type itself for that character altogether.

So like, suppose I renamed a chainsaw to 'Kung-Fu,'
Whenever I picked up a chainsaw again, it'd rename it to 'Kung-Fu,' but if I picked up a crossbow, it'd still show up as a 'crossbow' unless I decided to rename that one again as well and call it something else.

Would this be possible? It'd be worth a lot more to me than just having a single kill of a weapon that I'll only have for two levels of it. Like, it'd make sense sort of in the last Season to rename a chainsaw because usually you had one by level five and used it for ten levels. Or something along those lines, but since people aren't really getting chainsaws until level twelve to fourteen, they barely have the opportunity to use it.

--That'd be interesting, it'd lead to custom arsenals of weapons, just based on how your character refers to them.

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
crashtestpilot
 Tuesday, July 14 2009 @ 01:23 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

@KK: That's what I'm talking about: I don't care if it's a spork or a sunthrower. I want the Custom Weapon description to overwrite it, regardless of what bonusi it confers. I just want custom stuff to be worth the DPs.
Just sayin' is all.
-CTP

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.15 seconds
New Topic Post Reply