Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Legacy Forums: Season One > Ideas, Suggestions, Requests and Wishlists New Topic Post Reply
 pvp suggestion
 |  Printable Version
dubird
 Tuesday, May 13 2008 @ 01:30 PM UTC (Read 3333 times)  
Forum Newbie

I would like to see a way to turn the PvP off. I wouldn't mind some kind of challenge system while I'm logged in, but I'm sick and tired of being sniped by players 4-5 levels higher than me, even while I'm in the Inn where there's supposed to be a guard. It's going to be a long while before I can afford a guard for my shack, and I'm getting sick of being killed when I can't be on to defend myself.

Profile Email Website
CavemanJoe
 Tuesday, May 13 2008 @ 05:21 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Well, there's a module to do that - it's on my list of modules to install. Basically you head off to Kittania and go see Heidi, who gives you the option to opt-out of PVP for one Drive Kill. I'll get around to installing/customizing/configuring it pretty soon.

Profile Email Website
dubird
 Tuesday, May 13 2008 @ 05:47 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Ah. Ok, thanks for replying. ^_^

Profile Email Website
Anonymous: Count of SG
 Tuesday, May 13 2008 @ 07:56 PM UTC  

Well just as a note, players can only attack you if they are 0-2 levels lower or one level higher. So players four to five levels higher couldn't attack you.

dubird
 Tuesday, May 13 2008 @ 08:20 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

then why was i lvl 4 a while back and killed by a lvl 7 player?

Granted, it's been a little while so that may have been fixed with the PvP update they just did, but still. Now I'm logging in almost every game day and I've been killed. It's annoying to keep being killed when I'm not on to fight myself. I'll take on someone in a challenge, but not when someone's sleeping. And I don't know why they say there's guards at the Inn when they never do anything. I've been killed lots of times in there and no guards are involved. *shrugs* I'm just glad there will be an option to opt-out of PvP in the future.

Profile Email Website
CavemanJoe
 Tuesday, May 13 2008 @ 09:21 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

There are no lv17 players, mate. Also: PVP takes place only when a player is offline. Also: sleeping in the Inn makes it necessary for players to bribe the inkeep in order to reach you for PVP lols.

Profile Email Website
LydiaDefountain
 Wednesday, May 14 2008 @ 03:49 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

though 3 ciggies after a few drive kills is like the ghost asking for a req... it's really not much sweat off ones back nor is the 1400 req... A idea may be to make the cost somehow increase with more drive kills if that's possible

Profile Email
Anonymous: Count of SG
 Wednesday, May 14 2008 @ 03:50 PM UTC  

Joe: I believe he meant lvl seven players not 17.

dubird: If they appeared to be several levels higher then you, it was probably because they gained levels after they killed you, you cannot attack players who are three levels lower then you.

JtPN
 Friday, May 16 2008 @ 06:10 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

The best way to avoid being killed is... umm... well, for one, don't hang out in Improbable Central or NewHome until you think you can defend yourself. But for a lot of people, that's not really an option (KittyBikes help). Other than that, I suggest just rolling with it. As long as you bank your requisistion before logging off, it's not like being beaten up costs yout hat much. The xp loss is regained in one or two jungle fights.

Profile Email
dubird
 Friday, May 16 2008 @ 02:10 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

yes, that was an 'l' as in level, not a 1.....

And really, it's just an annoyance, that's all. I'd enjoy playing more if I wasn't killed almost every time I logged in. *shrugs*

And for the record, I'm a girl. Razz

Profile Email Website
JtPN
 Thursday, May 29 2008 @ 11:34 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

SG kills me 3/4 times I log out, I don't complain, and I lose more XP than anyone else per level texcept SG (who no one can beat up, but I'll get there eventually) and Tigger.

Profile Email
Xaviana
 Sunday, June 01 2008 @ 12:09 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

I'm not sure if that's completely true about not losing much xp. One time I ended a day with only one fight away from leveling up, and the next time the new day came and I signed on a third of my bar was gone and I had to do it all over again. Anywho. I'd like that too, not having to be a part of pvp's. It does get kinda annoying when the only distraction I get every time I sign is is the one telling me I was beaten up...again.

Profile Email
Others
 Friday, June 06 2008 @ 01:53 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Quote by: dubird

yes, that was an 'l' as in level, not a 1.....

And really, it's just an annoyance, that's all. I'd enjoy playing more if I wasn't killed almost every time I logged in. *shrugs*

And for the record, I'm a girl. Razz

I had that problem for a little while. Not so much with the higher level players, as the people who started collecting five + titles compared to my 3 or 4 drive kills at the time (I'm almost to my seventh now). at one point losing enough experience I technically should have de-levelled. I think this was back when the PvP was granting too much xp. I still get beat up, but the lordly high mighty basses of the gods (or goddesses, maybe both, who really knows) seem to be leaving me alone. A couple even got me gifts after my drive kill (you fellas know who you are, and thank you) thereby staving off my camera-poking revenge (Like I really stand a chance against someone with 20+ DKs under their belt)

Profile Email
Anonymous: Danae
 Thursday, June 12 2008 @ 07:01 PM UTC  

I have to say that since the huge increase in the cost of guards, having a dwelling has become fairly useless. I spent a lot of time and money building my shacks (I know, that'll go away in the reset anyway), and now I can get attacked there as easily as in the fields.

You might want to give some thought to the point of dwellings and/or the cost of guards.

Content generated in: 0.39 seconds
New Topic Post Reply