Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Tesla Frame
 |  Printable Version
hajen
 Monday, August 03 2009 @ 03:41 AM UTC (Read 4422 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

this is an awesome implant!

of the ones i've had so far, this is a pure Drive Killing machine.

grenades? who needs them, when you can make the drive dance to the blue mood lighting.

Dan, i am very impressed with the diversity and usefulness of the different implants i've been able to use so far. they are definitely not the same tool re-skinned to look like a different animal.

just to give an idea of the damage:

in a single round, the drive riposted me for 29 and hit me for 28; each of the return shocks was in the 140's.

"tis better to be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"

Profile Email
Epaphus
 Tuesday, August 04 2009 @ 12:51 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Before every player rushes off to get a Tesla Frame implant, we should probably mention that, though indeed awesome, the Tesla implant has to charge a bit before it can be used, so players who need combat help from their implants before they reach Level 3 or 4 might not find it as useful.

And I agree--the retooled Season 2 implants are slaughter-ific!

Profile Email
SicPuess
 Tuesday, August 04 2009 @ 11:25 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I knew the implant from the Test Server, so I didn't bother to try and pile up twenty use points every time and wait for something I can use them on.

NOOO. I used it everytime it hit five points. Then zapped the Drive twice with a half and a full discharge, 250 use points each. Fun times.

Profile Email
Pinkpuppy
 Friday, August 07 2009 @ 05:04 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

I may have to try it again, because my experience was completely different. I tried it for the few few levels, but found it almost useless. Perhaps I'm conservative, but I tend to have enough D that I don't get hit every round (lots of misses and reposts), so it was too random whether the shot would work. And when it did work, it was only hitting 4 or 8 hp. If it really gets up to 250, then it may get interesting. But I'm a much bigger fan of servo-arms as of now.

And if you want a pure drive-kill implant, I like Spatial Awareness. I just use to make money during the run up, but the 'freeze/super speed' option is killer during the drive battle: a zap followed by superspeed killed the drive in 2 rounds

Profile Email
hajen
 Friday, August 07 2009 @ 05:31 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

the frame is almost worthless in regular jungle fights; you should use it every chance you get so you can build up the max charge. but when you meet the drive, you want that max charge to be fully charged (this takes a while).

and i agree: for jungle fights, the servo arms give a great advantage, but on the flipside, they are nearly worthless against the drive.

i'm surprised you didn't mention the chem pack: if you get it fully charged (6000 points, IIRC), the super drug overdrive ( i don't remember what it's called) makes you an acid freak on a bad trip. if you ever saw one of these guys on a cop show, you know what bad news they are. Twisted Evil

"tis better to be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"

Profile Email
Jon Bishop
 Friday, August 07 2009 @ 05:41 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I really do enjoy that 6000 point chem pack power...a shame I usually blow to points on a stimpack before it gets there.

Spatial awareness isn't half bad for both jungle fights and the drive. Reck search helps get better weapons a bit faster, and then use the fighting ones against the drive.

Have to agree with PinkPuppy, though. Love the servo arms. Even if they aren't the best against the drive, I usually fight the drive the cheap way: by buying a lot of grenades.

Profile Email
Bee Bee
 Friday, August 07 2009 @ 04:03 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

I once spent an entire DK using the chem pack as often as possible and only made it to a 2000 point "battery?" of chem pack power. If you take a lot of damage the chem pack might work, but for me the req generated by the Spacial Awareness implant is too important to replace.

Brewmaster B.B.

Profile Email
Fergus
 Friday, August 07 2009 @ 05:23 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Since the way to charge the Chem Pack is to fight while hurt, the way to charge it is to only heal yourself at the hospital tent to around 60% of your hp. That way, you will charge it but still be able to take hits. Try to only use it on the stimpack (level 1) when it's full unless you have to use earlier to survive a fight, you'll get more 'battery' that way. By using this strategy, I managed to get my max at 54000+, each use of the 1000 point stimpack would increase my max by more than 1000 points!

In short, I love the Chem Pack, I'd say it's my favorite and should be yours too if you learn to use it right.

Profile Email
Bee Bee
 Friday, August 07 2009 @ 07:13 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

I'm a midget at heart. Show me the money!

Profile Email
Symar
 Friday, August 07 2009 @ 09:46 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Fergus

Try to only use it on the stimpack (level 1) when it's full unless you have to use earlier to survive a fight, you'll get more 'battery' that way.

So the more current charge it has, the higher the max charge increases when you use it?
I had figured out everything but what controlled the max charge gains.

Profile Email
Fergus
 Friday, August 07 2009 @ 10:18 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Yup,at first it's only a few points (which are still very worth it), but eventually it makes a big difference when racking up charge.

Also, having a full charge when you use it means you can use it again faster if you need the health boost to win a fight.

Profile Email
Bodoni
 Monday, August 10 2009 @ 02:03 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

My current implant is the Tesla Frame, and frankly, I'm less than impressed. It doesn't seem to do much damage, and hitting "P" and "5" alternately sort of cramps my style. Also, my defense is pretty strong. Maybe this implant isn't for me.

Profile Email
Anonymous: Massic
 Friday, August 14 2009 @ 10:16 PM UTC  

Since all the other implants have had their virtues and shortcomings extolled, anyone care to do the same for the skull-mounted laser?

Symar
 Friday, August 14 2009 @ 10:45 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

The laser is guaranteed extra damage while it's active, whether you hit or miss.

However, when I tried it out, I had no back-up battery, only the one that recharges every day. So it seemed not very useful.

Profile Email
Epaphus
 Saturday, August 15 2009 @ 12:07 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

if you ever saw one of these guys on a cop show, you know what bad news they are. Twisted Evil [/p]

Are you referring to the police on cop shows? I agree--they're bad news, and I avoid them whenever possible. For the times that I can't, well, I have my lawyer's phone number memorized and sometimes she even takes my calls.

Profile Email
Hobo
 Sunday, August 16 2009 @ 06:15 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

I finished my first ever drive kill using the chemical pack yesterday and it was extremely useful, you only heal partway using a medpack or two and it'll charge fast enough to keep up with your stimpack(lvl1) uses.

When i reached the drive it had around 16k/23k charge and after using chemical high (which seems to give +40% atk/def and approx +7% hp/round) and grenades the drive was dead and I had max hp.

Its max increases by 2% each use which explains fergus's increase of 1000+ per use when he had over 50k max.
Nuff said, its pretty awesome and comes through when you need to kill something strong.

Trying out spacial awareness now which hasn't been as useful yet at level 5.

Profile Email
Symar
 Sunday, August 16 2009 @ 07:17 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

The benefit to spatial awareness is the Req Search. The increased money helps you gear up faster, and then when it's drive killing day you don't spend any charges, and unleash a Standstill on the drive.

Profile Email
Anonymous: Hangfire
 Monday, August 17 2009 @ 03:15 PM UTC  

My current implant is the laser. Im saving up battery and going to see what happens if you power it up to full on the drive.

Content generated in: 0.59 seconds
New Topic Post Reply