Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Clan Forum Question
 |  Printable Version
Cath
 Friday, August 07 2009 @ 08:44 PM UTC (Read 710 times)  
Forum Badass
Badass

So, as a member of QQQ, I know that we used to have a clan forum but, with the lower number of clan members, it's silly to have a separate forum just for 20 people. Would it be feasible, or reasonable to have a chunk on this forum that is for guilds to have conversations? It might be too difficult or impossible, but, for guilds interested, it would be neato to have a forum section for each guild that can have multiple conversations, mostly about guild related stuff, and to post guild things, like art, character descriptions, etc... Something a bit more permanent than the clan hall.

I'm 99% sure you won't be able to make them exclusive to the members of the clans, but I don't see this group as having people who would intentionally go and disrupt the other clans, so I don't see that as an issue.

I feel that increasing the communication between the players is one of the most effective ways to make the game more sticky, especially early on when you're not quite sure what to do.

Also, random minor thing... are there limits to what the wiki is "for"? We were interested in making info pages for each member of our guild so that people can reference what their character is like when they see them around, including images of the characters. Is this acceptable, or would it be preferable to keep it all on the actual guild page. I'm not sure how taxing it is to host the wiki and its various pages of content.

Profile Email
Zolotisty
 Friday, August 07 2009 @ 09:32 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Cath, it's not uncommon for clans to start their own off-site forum for OOC stuff like planning and chat. DICE has its own forum; I know that SWEET had its own during the Pilot and the beginning of S1; SPOON had its own.. dunno about other clans, but free forums are not difficult to find or start up, and they offer a somewhat more private arena to chat than on the Enquirer. You could presumably use the in-game section here if you were very keen on it.

And, with respect to the wiki, many people use it for character biographies. A few of the clans have their own pages. Wink Upload art and whatnot to the Gallery of Shame and then link from there. Use the wiki freely, it's there for user-generated content.

Toss a fiver CMJ's way to show him you appreciate things if you're worried about taking up too much space. It's a good, thoughtful concern -- you get bonus points in my book for having it. The Island ain't free to run, even if it's free to play.

BARK BARK BARK.

Profile Email
Giuseppe Lorenzo
 Friday, August 07 2009 @ 09:46 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I can confirm that SWEET and its various sister clans have their own forum.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.16 seconds
New Topic Post Reply