Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Dwellings
 |  Printable Version
Count Sessine
 Friday, August 21 2009 @ 06:45 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

You shouldn't have had to remake your character in S2. All the S1 characters were copied over... unless you'd maybe let your character expire? In any case, this is the kind of thing Dan will fix... as soon as he gets a moment, which may be a little while due to RL events in his life, but you will have all your DPs back. Promise.

Profile Email
Pinche Cabron
 Monday, August 24 2009 @ 02:17 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I recently upgraded my hat to a size 66. Is there any way I can have the haberdasher put a door in it and use IT as a tent?

Profile Email
Genevieve
 Saturday, January 16 2010 @ 12:03 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I have been thinking about dwellings a lot lately because I remember CMJ saying somewhere that the outpost invasions were to bide time or something for dwellings. So I read through this thread and came up with a few ideas. These ideas are admitedly impractical, because I have a hyperactive imagination and absolutely no knowledge of coding. I can only guess these ideas are laughably rediculous when it comes to coding them, but I want to share them because they will nag at the back of my head otherwise.

I have been thinking: if these are fleshy, living tents, won't climate be an issue? Wouldn't your tent be unhappy if it's a hairless, thin thing up in the snowy moutains? Or if it's thickly furred, wouldn't the beach be it's bane?

And then, if climate is a factor, the ocean and river squares would be too. I mean, you can't pitch a tent on water.

But you could have a little living raft, or something.

Now, obviously, you can't have a proper boat, that'd kinda mess with the whole "no escape from the island" business. But imagine this:

Your tent's buffs/debuffs could be dependant on where you put it down. So if you buy a yetti tent you get max buff from sleeping in snow, and a debuff for sleeping on ocean, river, and beach, because it can't swim or it gets all sweaty at night and the pantig keeps you awake. This terrain factor could be helpful in making tents slightly less expensive, kinda.

Jungle tents would be the most expensive since there are more jungle squares than anythig. Then plains tents, then beach tents, then moutain tents, and so on. Something like a river tent would be the cheapest because it'd be a major debuff on any land square. And since it's a livig thing, it eliminates the whole "attempt to escape the island" scenario.

See... I kinda want a boat. I'm enjoying RPing the whole Pirate thing, and having a proper boat would be kinda awesome.

But I had other ideas with the terrain-specific tents. Like how it would make tents available to those with little DP, as long as they're willing to only sleep on certain terrains for the maximum buff to apply. And then, if they came into more DP, they could go into the Lodge and get their snow-tent shaved, or something, to let it sleep in the jungle with max buff for a week or something.

As I said, I have a hyperactive imagination, I doubt this would be easy to code, so I don't expect it to happen, but it's a kinda cool thought, I think.

Profile Email Website
Zolotisty
 Saturday, January 16 2010 @ 12:05 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

STILL SO EXCITED ABOUT TENTS.

Whatever you all are imagining -- and this includes you, Gen -- they are like forty million times more awesome.

BARK BARK BARK.

Profile Email
jamesb
 Saturday, January 16 2010 @ 12:07 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: Zolotisty

Whatever you all are imagining -- and this includes you, Gen -- they are like forty million times more awesome.

Seconded

Profile Email
Chimental
 Saturday, January 16 2010 @ 12:18 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

You know, I don't think I've ever seen Z this excited. These Tents must have some form of Japanese Super Magic Fun Powers.

(On that note, I shall have a herd of tents that roams throughout the island. New Mass member idea: sheepdog. Will work out details later.)

I make the many models of a mutant individual. To make them I use vegetables, animals, and minerals. From robot bugs to zombie bears to many singing barnacles.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Saturday, January 16 2010 @ 03:45 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Classic CMJ trick there, get us all excited with awesome ideas, let our imaginations go wild and start dreaming of things far too awesome to ever be feasable, and then give us something more awesome still.

Profile Email
Genevieve
 Saturday, January 16 2010 @ 05:56 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

So... so....

I can dream of having a boat!? A real awesome boat!?

*starry eyes*

An awesome boat, that, as it gets bigger, gets like.. a hardened turtle shell as an exterior instead of icky flesh, and it looks like a totally awesome giant brigantine turtle boat....

I like boats.

I am now so excited that I am probably going to be doodling this on everything.

Also: I imagined you playing fetch with a tent, Z, and it made me giggle immensely. Especially since I imagined it as a snow tent, so it was all furry and slobbery and stuff.

Profile Email Website
Paul Lo
 Saturday, January 16 2010 @ 05:44 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Dwellings! Boats!

Boat dwellings!

I would love so much to get a Mmmmuud Platform, some sort of living four-legged organism with a fifth 'limb' to 'plunge' in the ocean bed. Like a small oil platform, but more versatile. And mobile!

Forget jungle soils or mountain caves, I aim for the depths around the Island, and in the center too! Muha ha ha ha ha! Twisted Evil

Yes, I have a dream, of electronic sheeps and linen bedsheets. But that's not the point. Or isn't it?

Profile Email
Amerithe
 Sunday, January 17 2010 @ 12:00 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Probably pretty pointless this far in, but I gotta throw it out there.. if one wanted to have boats outside the Island(I imagine lake boats wouldn't be able to get over the shallows in the river), would there not be some system to shoot down anyone who got too far out in the water? Even if it's not a functional thing, I'd imagine by now SOMEBODY would've tried to swim out, or make a raft.. Wouldn't want to kill the person, just.. remove the floating thing, or break their kneecaps or something. Oh, I shouldna thought of that, now I think I'm going to have to carry a heavy object and threaten to break people's knees.. it'll be funny! For me.. Now I'm just rambling. Oh yeah, and I totally support proper houses that aren't alive, even if they needed lots of upkeep. I got a husband, now I need a house. Then my plans will be complete! Yeah, they're not very evil plans...

Oh, and I realize this would probably be ridiculously hard to do, but it'd be neat if you could build a house with cobblestones. Of course, you'd have to make them tradable or something, not everyone can install things on the computer they use.. Still, it'd tie in neatly.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Friday, February 12 2010 @ 06:18 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Dwellings are going to be so awesome, you guys. They're the very next thing I'm going to release, and they're gonna be so, so very very awesome.

Profile Email Website
tehdave
 Friday, February 12 2010 @ 07:27 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: CavemanJoe

Dwellings are going to be so awesome, you guys. They're the very next thing I'm going to release, and they're gonna be so, so very very awesome.

WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
I certainly hope so!
edit: and that this isn't a bit of sarcasm. That would be the biggest letdown EVER.

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? All you get is one trick: rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, the sky's the limit.

Profile Email
Mister Rawr
 Friday, February 12 2010 @ 09:25 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: tehdave

WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

I completely concur.

WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Profile Email
K.K. Victoria
 Friday, February 12 2010 @ 03:00 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Yeeesss....

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
Chimental
 Friday, February 12 2010 @ 03:00 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I shall proceed to join in to this 'woo' fest.

*ahem*

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I make the many models of a mutant individual. To make them I use vegetables, animals, and minerals. From robot bugs to zombie bears to many singing barnacles.

Profile Email
g_rock
 Friday, February 12 2010 @ 04:52 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Allow me to join in as well...

*sets a wide stance, chest out, reaches one arm up and out toward the audience dramatically, takes a deep breath*

"W-" *chokes half to death on a combination of his own salivation over dwellings and the thick fog of awesomeness roiling off of Caveman Joe's manly physique*

Profile Email
Bernard
 Friday, February 12 2010 @ 05:16 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

*fwaps*

Profile Email
Ferryn
 Friday, February 12 2010 @ 06:00 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

ohmanohmanohmanohman

I cannot wait for my tent i simply CANNOT WAIT.

Well, I actually can but you know what i mean.

ps: woooooooo!

Profile Email
lelila
 Friday, February 12 2010 @ 08:01 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Instead of woo I think I shall EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Friday, February 12 2010 @ 08:55 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Quote by: Ferryn

ohmanohmanohmanohman

I cannot wait for my tent i simply CANNOT WAIT.

Well, I actually can but you know what i mean.

ps: woooooooo!

Wait wait wait no tents yet. Dwellings first, then basing the Tents code off Dwellings once Dwellings have been thoroughly playtested.

At this rate, I see no reason why Dwellings can't be released by the end of next week.

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.74 seconds
New Topic Post Reply