Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Dwellings
 |  Printable Version
Ferryn
 Wednesday, February 17 2010 @ 05:54 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

I may be the only one who thinks this but really, you don't have to stay up so late just for us internets people.

Even though we really appreciate it.

(dwellings, yeeeeee!)

Profile Email
Chimental
 Wednesday, February 17 2010 @ 06:39 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Ferryn

I may be the only one who thinks this but really, you don't have to stay up so late just for us internets people.

(dwellings, yeeeeee!)

Agreed. As excited we are about the whole ordeal (SQUEEEEEE), there is no need to run yourself into the ground.

I make the many models of a mutant individual. To make them I use vegetables, animals, and minerals. From robot bugs to zombie bears to many singing barnacles.

Profile Email
KimmyMonstah
 Wednesday, February 17 2010 @ 06:52 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Chimental

(dwellings, yeeeeee!)

Agreed. As excited we are about the whole ordeal (SQUEEEEEE), there is no need to run yourself into the ground.

I disagree and say you get some mindslaves to stay up late for you instead. Go out and get drunk.

Profile Email
Zolotisty
 Wednesday, February 17 2010 @ 09:38 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Quote by: Chimental

(dwellings, yeeeeee!)

It is not "just for us internet peoples" -- mean, it is, but please remember this is his job. He is not losing sleep out of the goodness of his heart; heart-goodness was all the time we spent funneling money to Doctors Without Borders.

Show CMJ some love with a tenner if you appreciate him working overtime to launch this, eh? Wink

BARK BARK BARK.

Profile Email
Zpatula
 Wednesday, February 17 2010 @ 10:05 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

OK, so how does one 'link in' to the dwelling system? I don't see a 'land office' and heve yet to find 'materials'. How about a clue?

I ATE PINEAPPLE!

Profile Email Website
Zolotisty
 Wednesday, February 17 2010 @ 10:06 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

AFAIK, it hasn't launched yet, Zpatula.

BARK BARK BARK.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Thursday, February 18 2010 @ 12:18 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Aye, not launched just yet - I'm gonna fix some nav issues, copy over the test server iitems then upload it.

Now, going live:
WHAT WORKS:
Being in a dwelling, build jobs, room expansions, extra rooms, decorating, sleeping, kicking out sleepers, locking and unlocking rooms/dwellings, all that fun stuff.

WHAT DOESN'T:
Giving out keys so that people other than the owner can lock/unlock rooms.
Different bed types / furniture.

In its current state, I reckon it's ready to go ahead with a release.

Profile Email Website
Paul Lo
 Thursday, February 18 2010 @ 12:22 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Dwellings! The ability to sit on the ground and do nothing! In one's own house!

That is, I am one of the more enthusiast awaiting for them, those dwellings.

I could ask some questions, but I feel that it is better to wait for the release, therefore answering by myself. Funnier.

Dwellings!

Yes, I have a dream, of electronic sheeps and linen bedsheets. But that's not the point. Or isn't it?

Profile Email
Chimental
 Thursday, February 18 2010 @ 12:42 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Paul+Lo

Dwellings!

Dwellings!Dwellings!Dwellings!Dwellings!Dwellings!Dwellings!Dwellings!Dwellings!Dwellings!

DWELLINGS!

This also proves the claim that any word looks funny when you constantly read it.

I make the many models of a mutant individual. To make them I use vegetables, animals, and minerals. From robot bugs to zombie bears to many singing barnacles.

Profile Email
Jon Bishop
 Thursday, February 18 2010 @ 02:28 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

-Just got a Stake to claim some land. WOOOO!!!! YYYAAAY!

-Though, I accidentally claimed two pieces of land on the same square of the map...when I only wanted one. Is there any way to ditch one of the two?

And how does claiming land work? Is there a limit on how many spots I can claim?

Exciting! Very exciting!

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Thursday, February 18 2010 @ 02:41 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

One stake is supposed to claim one spot of land (limit 4 houses per square). The stake persisted in your Inventory because of a bug in the code. If you let me know roughly where the superflous Dwelling is, I can erase it.

(also, guys, um... If you've used your Stake but it didn't disappear, do game balance a favour and discard it? Don't make me compare the debuglog showing the number of stakes you've bought with the number of houses you've gotten. Wink Ta)

Profile Email Website
Chimental
 Thursday, February 18 2010 @ 02:47 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Let me be the first to say this. *ahem*

LAAAAAAAND RUUUUUUSH!

Profile Email
Jon Bishop
 Thursday, February 18 2010 @ 02:51 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: CavemanJoe

One stake is supposed to claim one spot of land (limit 4 houses per square). The stake persisted in your Inventory because of a bug in the code. If you let me know roughly where the superflous Dwelling is, I can erase it.

(also, guys, um... If you've used your Stake but it didn't disappear, do game balance a favour and discard it? Don't make me compare the debuglog showing the number of stakes you've bought with the number of houses you've gotten. Wink Ta)

Guilty as charged. I'll toss that thing right away.

-I accidentally made the two dwellings on square 9,9. There should be one with a piece or two of wood put into it, and another with nothing added to it at all. I suppose since it's only once piece of wood, it doesn't really matter which one gets blown up. Thanks!

Profile Email
Azhron
 Thursday, February 18 2010 @ 03:00 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

How do you buy a stake, anyway?

Profile Email
Chimental
 Thursday, February 18 2010 @ 03:13 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Go to IC to the new 'Suzie's hardware'. You can get a stake for 100cigs, and can rent a few kits for one day for one cig each.

Profile Email
Paul Lo
 Thursday, February 18 2010 @ 03:24 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Dwellings are scenting like pure greatness.

A shame we can't make boat/platform dwellings, yet; many cultures have permanent housing on water/marsh soil.

Yes, I have a dream, of electronic sheeps and linen bedsheets. But that's not the point. Or isn't it?

Profile Email
Azhron
 Thursday, February 18 2010 @ 03:43 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

My current problem is that the tool kits go away at new day, a problem for those whose stakes are a long way from IC.
I have so far wasted 7 cigs, 10% of my experience, 100 donator points, three chronospheres, and about a thousand req in a series of failed attempts to get supplies from IC to my horribly, horribly placed plot at 39,6. Cry

It seemed like such a good idea at the time.

I am also finding myself unable to "drop to the map" this damn rock that I harvested, making my backpack about 30 kgs overweight.

Other than that, dwellings are awesome.

Profile Email
Anonymous: Escemfer
 Thursday, February 18 2010 @ 03:45 AM UTC  

A shame we can't make boat/platform dwellings, yet; many cultures have permanent housing on water/marsh soil.

^ That. Ebenezer and Esc have a little houseboat. We're having to improvise on that one.

Questions!

Can contributers decorate and add descriptions to rooms, or can only the owners add descriptions?

Will there be (possibly when keys are introduced?) a way to designate co-owners of dwellings, like to let someone else have some control of the dwelling? Situations like spouses, business partners, etc...

EDIT: Is there/will there be a way to sell back plots that haven't been built on, or discard them? In case you've started somewhere you don't want to be? I suppose that could also work with co-ownership. If there is co-ownership at some point, could an owner/the original owner relinquish their keys and GTFO as long as someone else has ownership?

Jon Bishop
 Thursday, February 18 2010 @ 03:53 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Escemfer

^ That. Ebenezer and Esc have a little houseboat. We're having to improvise on that one.

Questions!

Can contributers decorate and add descriptions to rooms, or can only the owners add descriptions?

Will there be (possibly when keys are introduced?) a way to designate co-owners of dwellings, like to let someone else have some control of the dwelling? Situations like spouses, business partners, etc...

EDIT: Is there/will there be a way to sell back plots that haven't been built on, or discard them? In case you've started somewhere you don't want to be? I suppose that could also work with co-ownership. If there is co-ownership at some point, could an owner/the original owner relinquish their keys and GTFO as long as someone else has ownership?

I would like this a lot, too. My writing ability tends to cripple to nothing when I type any sentence that doesn't start with "Jon Bishop". So it would be nice to allow for shared control of descriptions.

Profile Email
Azhron
 Thursday, February 18 2010 @ 04:06 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: Escemfer

Is there/will there be a way to sell back plots that haven't been built on, or discard them? In case you've started somewhere you don't want to be?

I would definitely prefer to move my plot elsewhere.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.70 seconds
New Topic Post Reply