Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Dwellings
 |  Printable Version
Zephy
 Thursday, February 18 2010 @ 04:30 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Uh, I just discovered a bug, I think.

I harvested some wood, and was too tired to build with all of it.
On my newday, I'm told I don't have the wood to build with, but its still in my inventory (because I didn't use it).

Bwa?

Profile Email
Zephy
 Thursday, February 18 2010 @ 04:39 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Ah, nevermind.

I just realized I need the Carpentry Toolbox for the building also. My bad.

Profile Email
zamboni
 Thursday, February 18 2010 @ 05:00 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Can't drop logs or rock on the map at the moment - other than that, looks like dwellings are hot hot hot!

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Thursday, February 18 2010 @ 05:14 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Am I right in thinking that you can only build on plains, not say in swamp for example, off the top of my head? (Now why would I pick that example?)

Profile Email
Anonymous: Raimar
 Thursday, February 18 2010 @ 05:29 AM UTC  

Quote by: Hairy+Mary

Am I right in thinking that you can only build on plains, not say in swamp for example, off the top of my head? (Now why would I pick that example?)

Or, shall we say... beaches?

zamboni
 Thursday, February 18 2010 @ 05:53 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Plains, jungle and mountain all work; swamp, river and ocean seem to be no go. Didn't test on beaches or snow before selecting my lovely jungle plot surrounded by river and with easy access to fine dining in Pleasantville.

Profile Email
Azhron
 Thursday, February 18 2010 @ 06:17 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

I don't suppose it's out of the question to rent the toolboxes for 3 days and make them ten pounds lighter, is it?

Profile Email
Zolotisty
 Thursday, February 18 2010 @ 06:51 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Quote by: Azhron

I don't suppose it's out of the question to rent the toolboxes for 3 days and make them ten pounds lighter, is it?

Yep. Wink

BARK BARK BARK.

Profile Email
Neeip
 Thursday, February 18 2010 @ 07:42 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Just a Question/Invite, Who Here's Still Up for the Mountain Fort? : D

Profile Email
tehdave
 Thursday, February 18 2010 @ 08:56 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: zamboni

Plains, jungle and mountain all work; swamp, river and ocean seem to be no go. Didn't test on beaches or snow before selecting my lovely jungle plot surrounded by river and with easy access to fine dining in Pleasantville.

Beaches/deserts are a go. I take it rock has to be brought from the Mountains? That'd kind of suck for anyone without the disposable Req for one-shots...

Also: is it possible to just dump logs/stones into the space for later? That way, someone with more bagspace can help bring the materials in, without alienating people with smaller packs (Watcher help anyone with the starter backpack trying to build a house...)

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? All you get is one trick: rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, the sky's the limit.

Profile Email
Mister Rawr
 Thursday, February 18 2010 @ 11:42 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

So far, I'm having a fantastic time with Rawr's little cabin! I noticed the same bugs with the inability to drop logs/rocks, and I imagine that those'll be fixed soon. I just gave up and discarded them when I needed to.

I have encountered a bug though.
Rawr slept in his cabin and then I logged back on before the New Day. I was quite surprised to find that Rawr had magically teleported to Improbable Central in his sleep. That is all kinds of useful and would be a great thing, except it's also cheating Big Grin

Oh, and to bring the first room on line took about eight to ten game days, in case anybody was wondering... and that's with Rawr as a KittyMorph with the Advanced Backpack and Jump Boots. These things TAKE LOTS OF TIME!

But I guess that's the intention, I like it!

Profile Email
Mister Rawr
 Thursday, February 18 2010 @ 11:45 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: tehdave

Beaches/deserts are a go. I take it rock has to be brought from the Mountains? That'd kind of suck for anyone without the disposable Req for one-shots...

Yes, toting stone SUCKS A LOT! Each piece is 20KG and the masonry kit is 25KG. With the Advanced Backpack, Rawr could carry two pieces of stone per trip. I guess that's why you need 25 chunks of stone to start instead of 100.

Profile Email
talkydoor
 Thursday, February 18 2010 @ 12:46 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

THANK YOU CMJ

talky is looking forward to having a little more privacy. And parties. Definitely parties.

Profile Email
Mister Rawr
 Thursday, February 18 2010 @ 06:58 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Interesting question comes to mind, all of a sudden and for no apparent reason. Can people be locked in rooms? Purely hypothetical situation; Rawr returns to his home to find somebody sleeping in his bedroom. Since there's only one entrance or exit from the room, he chuckles malevolently and locks the door from outside. Will the person locked in the room be able to escape?

No, there's nobody locked in a small room in Rawr's cottage. Really, I promise.

Okay, there is. This ought to be funny!

No, it's not Piper.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Thursday, February 18 2010 @ 07:22 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Nah, folks can't be locked inside rooms. You can always exit a room, you just can't enter a locked one.

Profile Email Website
Mister Rawr
 Friday, February 19 2010 @ 08:30 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Drat... okay!

*goes to put the gimp suit away*

Profile Email
NotAgain
 Friday, February 19 2010 @ 10:40 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Talking of locks, am I correct in assumping that eventually we'll be able to issue keys to friends to let 'em in when the dwelling is locked?

(I'm pretty sure I saw something about this, but Ive just waded through most of this thread, as well as other dwelling related threads and haven't seen anything more than general references to locking rooms. So I could easily be deluding myself in wistful hope...)

Profile Email
K.K. Victoria
 Friday, February 19 2010 @ 03:13 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Another feature that I'd like to see,

Can we get a status update for the decorations? As it stands I completely forget how far along in the decoration of my house I am. Is there an easy way to tell about this, or has it not been implemented yet?

--Also, could there be an indication to others that the house is currently being decorated? There is a little XX/YY STONE thing to show that there isn't enough stone as of yet, but can there be something of that breed for the decorations? Just so that others would know that your home still needs some decoration work so they can help out easier.

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
Ochris
 Friday, February 19 2010 @ 04:15 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

so i've already made two mistakes... i started a building project to increase the size of a room that i didn't want to increase, and i've made a room off of a wrong room. (i know, there was warnings but i was feeling rash!)

can we get an option to stop building, or to destroy a room? perhaps some of the material would be saved but that isn't really too concerning.

Profile Email
Ochris
 Friday, February 19 2010 @ 04:36 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

i really hate to sound like i'm nagging for features. dwellings are great so far!

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.72 seconds
New Topic Post Reply