Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 What about pseudo clans?
 |  Printable Version
Hairy Mary
 Monday, August 10 2009 @ 07:38 PM UTC (Read 983 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Warning! This is one of Hairy Marys daft ideas, one of them that could probably be boiled down to 'lots of work for Dan with little benefit to anyone else'. I come up with them from time to time, what else can I do? I don't expect anyone to really take them seriously.

Clans got downgraded, for game balance reasons. There was some debate at the time, a lot of people like clans for the social / role play aspects. Some like bigger clans, some like smaller. Would it be possible to have something like pseudo clans or groups : very much like clans, but with some important differences.
1) No buffs, or any other concrete effect on the game. So no danger of unbalancing.
2) Much more flexible. No limit on size, no limit on how many groups one person can join.

Some examples of the sort of thing where this might be used.

SWEET, at the moment are split into several smaller clans. They could have one umbrella group for everyone in any of their clans. Then they'd have one 'group hall' where they could all meet up, giving it much more of a united feel. I've no idea how things are working for SWEET at the moment so maybe this wouldn't be of any great use to them.

The Weathervane Players. OK they're moribund at the moment, but they were good when they were around. There must be lots of other groupings that people would like to form that don't necessarily split along clan lines. If someone wants to revive the WP say, then they could form a group with some people from SWEET, some people from GERM, some people clanless, or from anywhere else. They then have somewhere that they can meet to discuss their next play. etc.

Just an idea.

Profile Email
Zolotisty
 Monday, August 10 2009 @ 07:52 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

The WVP are not quite moribund. Wink Sessine's busy building us a theatre as an Improbable Labs module, where we can actually hold performances and rehearsals, and we have Peter-frikkin'-Pan coming up in the relatively near future. More thoughts later!

BARK BARK BARK.

Profile Email
K.K. Victoria
 Monday, August 10 2009 @ 09:41 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I actually quite like the idea, but thinking about it, I think it may serve to divide some of the player base even further. I suppose it wouldn't be hard to do something of a similar nature, have a dwelling that is dedicated to be the group clan hall, then cut keys or what-have-you to every one who is an official member to it.

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
Duskrunner
 Tuesday, August 11 2009 @ 02:17 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

The SWEET family of clans (Sweet, Sugar, Spice, Sour) all convene together on a message board that was set up. It's worked really well for us so far, getting to know the rest of the family as it were.

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves, Did gyre and gimble in the wabe: All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe.

Profile Email
Jon Bishop
 Wednesday, August 12 2009 @ 04:26 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Could potentially be mildly entertaining...I've always wanted to be in an army of Jon's and John's, considering so many have that name.

Though honestly, I don't completely see the point, as you could just talk to those people in an outpost or the hopefully soon existing dwellings.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.21 seconds
New Topic Post Reply