Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Needed in CC404: Android's Dungeon (Totally Inoffensive Idea)
 |  Printable Version
Pinche Cabron
 Friday, August 21 2009 @ 07:00 AM UTC (Read 745 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

No nothing kinky or perverted this time, gang. Sorry to disappoint.

I'm thinking of the Android's Dungeon as seen on The Simpson's. The shop would have comics and collectibles that would attract the Magpie or some other creature.

But the cool part is this: There would be a lockable back room, i.e., if there was at least three* people in the room, you could lock the door and only let in people who knock and who are invited. Did I mention there would be a dice generator in the room? Consider it mentioned. Do you see where I'm going with this? How stupidly meta the idea is? No? Let me spell it out for you: This back room is a place to play RPGs (that's role playing games, and not rocket propelled grenades).

*I'm thinking three people minimum to lock it so it doesn't just become a cyber room. Granted, three players could still cyber, but I think that would be less common than if it was lockable by two players. OTOH, there's no reason why there can't be two back rooms and one can be specifically for making out. Make the second one a broom closet that fits only two players.

Profile Email
Fergus
 Friday, August 21 2009 @ 04:31 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

If I recall correctly, one of the things on CMJ's list (lower down on it though, below Improbable Labs, scrapbots, etc.) was something to do with board and dice RPGs. I don't remember it exactly...

Aha! I found it in the article on the main page about S2.

Games Within Games
For a pencils-and-paper roleplaying game, you need a random number generator, a game master who knows the rules (or can make them up as he or she goes along), and a place to store information about each character. Well, we've got a database server, so we may as well use it. Players will be able to create and run their own in-game roleplaying games, invite other players, assign stats, and generally muck around and have a good time.

Profile Email
Pinche Cabron
 Friday, August 21 2009 @ 05:30 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Well there you go! Geeky minds think alike.

I don't think you even need the data base to store characters, really. Just the dice generatpr, to keep things honest. Otherwise it's pencil and paper.

Thanks for digging that article up.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.16 seconds
New Topic Post Reply