Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 please please PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
 |  Printable Version
Gorbert
 Saturday, August 22 2009 @ 06:41 AM UTC (Read 1940 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

move the link to smoke a cigarette SOMEWHERE ELSE! Anywhere other than right next to the travel button. It was a horrible problem in S1, and it's STILL a problem, except cigs are harder to come by, so it's even worse.

That's all. Sorry about the freak out Wink

Profile Email
Daedalus
 Saturday, August 22 2009 @ 11:09 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

...and perhaps change the hot key for it to a 2 key combination, or something waaay up in a top corner.

The typo gremlins are likely to be co-respondents in any cyber lawsuit I later bring when I contract an 'orrible cyber lung disease, such is their prominence in my incidence of cyber smoking. Angry

D.

The lunatics are taking over the asylum! Come with?

Profile Email
Pinche Cabron
 Saturday, August 22 2009 @ 06:28 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

If we're going to complain about UI elements, could we please also have the regular sidebar options after devouring a carcass, instead of just the return option? It needlessly adds a screen to click thru. Just a very minor quibble.

Profile Email
Jon Bishop
 Saturday, August 22 2009 @ 07:59 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

My thought would be to allow players to customize their hotkeys for certain commands. It can be a little unnerving when the "Run away" and "Fight to the death" keys are right next to each other. That's asking a little much, though, would probably be hell to code that.

Profile Email
Pinche Cabron
 Saturday, August 22 2009 @ 08:59 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Jon+Bishop

My thought would be to allow players to customize their hotkeys for certain commands. It can be a little unnerving when the "Run away" and "Fight to the death" keys are right next to each other. That's asking a little much, though, would probably be hell to code that.

Just play it in emacs! Wink

Profile Email
Silcatra
 Saturday, October 10 2009 @ 10:01 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

I'm sorry to bump this after more than a month, but this is an issue I've been having, too.

I'm the type who loses focus and hits a wrong button that does something else on another screen (for instance, the Hospital Tent's hotkey is H...just like Have a Smoke, and if you're spending a lot of time in NewHome and like to play it safe and bank your req frequently, Have a Smoke is A while in the Jungle/Wild and it's also the key for the Bank in NewHome), and I've smoked more cigs by accident than I've ever wanted to.

Maybe it can be un-hotkeyed?

Profile Email
DrTardis
 Thursday, October 15 2009 @ 04:50 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Quote by: Jon+Bishop

What drives me nuts is that the options can change, depending on what's up there...

for example, the Bank has different hotkeys in different towns, and when travelling... if you're at a town gate, the SouthWest key is 'S' instead of 'V', because 'V' is normally the "enter town" key.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Thursday, October 15 2009 @ 05:18 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Profile Email Website
pandamonieum
 Sunday, March 28 2010 @ 04:46 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

I'm a noob and am not really ready to try editing the wiki just to ask if anyone is still planning to do something about this... but as the wiki page and this haven't been touched since 2009...seems like posting isn't out of hand. Can we please have cigs moved to the inventory page?

Reading this thread and the page linked to on the wiki, it sounds like that'd be easier than remapping the keys(I don't have much in the way of programming/technical knowledge/skills though) and it makes sense to me since it's something in the inventory we use... I'd much prefer having to click through an "extra" page to smoke than to keep doing it by mistake.

( I smoked, after riding out nicotine withdrawal from a combination of intentional and accidental smoking the previous day, 2 minutes before the end of a day- hit "h" by mistake instead of "j"(again!)- so I didn't get to use the buff for more than 1 fight, and am stuck with withdrawal again. Seems to have grated a nice chunk off my last remaining nerve, but I am already having a bad day... Probably I should make a habit of being more aware when I go poking at keys. But... it is a game and games are supposed to be fun not use your nerves like delicious cheese. I don't think my nerves taste very good anyway... not even over potatoes and almost everything is good with delicious baked potatoes... especially bacon... uh, but not grated nerves... *blushes* er, sorry, I must be getting hungry. Oops! )

Okay, thanks for reading this and thanks for awesome game! Smile

Profile Email
Epaphus
 Sunday, March 28 2010 @ 06:10 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Nicotine gum will ease your withdrawal symptoms--that's what it's for.

But what are you lot doing carrying around cigarettes anyway? Shouldn't you be wasting--er, spending them on overpriced at Oliver's or decorating your dwellings?

Profile Email
Kash
 Sunday, March 28 2010 @ 08:42 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Epaphus

But what are you lot doing carrying around cigarettes anyway? Shouldn't you be wasting--er, spending them on overpriced at Oliver's or decorating your dwellings?

That would be a grand idea if the cig-accepting shops had some kind of layaway program where it were possible to, say, NOT carry around dozens of cigs before spending them.

Profile Email
zamboni
 Monday, March 29 2010 @ 04:39 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Epaphus

Nicotine gum will ease your withdrawal symptoms--that's what it's for.

I would be, if Oliver didn't vanish into a screen of whiteness every time I tried to shop there!

I'm still holding out for the 300 ciggy super duper pre-bedazzled backpack with special carrying pouch for stones and logs, too!

Mr. Green

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.53 seconds
New Topic Post Reply