Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Fighting - Targeted
 |  Printable Version
Cath
 Thursday, September 03 2009 @ 01:09 AM UTC (Read 4346 times)  
Forum Badass
Badass

Anyone know what the new Action is for? Perhaps the multi-beast fights? You have better aim attacking the one you choose?

Profile Email
Rosin
 Thursday, September 03 2009 @ 02:26 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Ssssshhhhhh. Don't give up the secret feature yet!

It's a new combat system that Zolotisty and Sessine are working very hard on. Give them a clap, everyone!

*applauds*

A magpie's work is never done.

Profile Email
Syn
 Thursday, September 03 2009 @ 02:32 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Oooh, a new feature! I can't wait to see it implemented.

*applauds loudly even though she's not quite sure what she's clapping for yet*

Alas! The onion you are eating is someone else's water lily.

Profile Email
Beeker
 Thursday, September 03 2009 @ 03:18 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Yay!

*applauds new features!*

Profile Email
hajen
 Thursday, September 03 2009 @ 06:40 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Rosin

Ssssshhhhhh. Don't give up the secret feature yet!

i heard that it involves doing a quest line for sheila, after which she rewards you with a sighting scope (permanent) for your weapon.
it takes 2 cigs to activate for the entire DK, unless you failbot, which means you have to pay the 2 cigs to activate again.
it takes more stamina (the amount decreases as your skill level increases) to hold yourself steady while using it, but it increases the damage done and the carcass has more/better meat to clean.

i can't wait until i can start walking around with my scoped riot hammer, i'm gonna be a modern day Tor. Twisted Evil
i suppose a scoped rusty chainsaw would be pretty fantastic too.

"tis better to be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"

Profile Email
Ebenezer
 Wednesday, September 09 2009 @ 11:37 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

I think I've already gained a level in Targeting. . . Eek!

Or I might just be wrong. That's possible too. Very, very possible.

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Thursday, September 10 2009 @ 01:29 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Two observations:

1. Hajen has an interesting sense of humor.

2. There are a few monsters out there now with target locations. If you've been fighting them, Ebenezer, you might well have gained some xp in Fighting - Targeted.

Profile Email
Anonymous: Massic
 Thursday, September 10 2009 @ 02:20 AM UTC  

I'm not seeing any particular change in how I play based on the addition of the targeted fighting monsters, aside from going through more cans of monster repellent per day. Either they smoke me *mind you I am on rank 5 but the difference seems to be huge) or I just don't see any "hit" flavor text when I do try to target.

In regards to my most recent run in with a targeted monster (the sorority girl on a nightie), I've heard that attacking the pillow is a no-no, but is attempting an attack at her head supposed to incur a really powerful riposte? I normally take critical hits for around 60, but she smacked me on a reposte for 100, effectively ending my day.

Epaphus
 Thursday, September 10 2009 @ 02:35 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Never ever aim for a Sorority Girl's face, Massic. You'll muss her makeup, and she will smite you twice as hard.

Profile Email
omenesia
 Thursday, September 10 2009 @ 02:54 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: Massic

I'm not seeing any particular change in how I play based on the addition of the targeted fighting monsters, aside from going through more cans of monster repellent per day. Either they smoke me *mind you I am on rank 5 but the difference seems to be huge) or I just don't see any "hit" flavor text when I do try to target.

I've paid a little bit closer attention, and there does some to be some additional flavor text at least when your targeting (and hit i think). I don't see any damage to the targeted areas, but I'm not sure if that's always the point, since it sounds like targeting could bring out different effects

Also, I'm sure the comparative level difference between a player's skill in Targeted Fighting vs a Monsters makes it harder since everyone's just starting out and not very skilled.

Lions. Lions the whole way up.

Profile Email
Anonymous: Massic
 Thursday, September 10 2009 @ 03:11 AM UTC  

Quote by: omenesia

I've paid a little bit closer attention, and there does some to be some additional flavor text at least when your targeting (and hit i think). I don't see any damage to the targeted areas, but I'm not sure if that's always the point, since it sounds like targeting could bring out different effects

Also, I'm sure the comparative level difference between a player's skill in Targeted Fighting vs a Monsters makes it harder since everyone's just starting out and not very skilled.

Good point in regards to the level of skill for targeted fighting, although I'm curious if, like most other skills, leveling up will just make it let demanding on our stamina to perform the action. We shall see, although I have seen the flavor text denoting an attempt at a targeted attack, something like "You attempt to hit her in the head, although it's /ibloody/I hard" (With formating showing). We shall see what we shall see though. It's an interesting twist, but as much as I like the idea of gambling during monster fights choosing what part to smack, I would have much rather have seen Mutants get completed, but of course that's probably just me.

CavemanJoe
 Thursday, September 10 2009 @ 05:16 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Okay, yeah, this was buggy. I optimized the code in a frantic hurry while I was packing. I've now reverted it to its less-elegant-but-working state. Enjoy! Smile

Profile Email Website
Zolotisty
 Thursday, September 10 2009 @ 01:19 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

We shall see what we shall see though. It's an interesting twist, but as much as I like the idea of gambling during monster fights choosing what part to smack, I would have much rather have seen Mutants get completed, but of course that's probably just me.

The people working on Targets aren't able to complete Mutants. Wink The aim of this is to put more new content on the table while CMJ completes the races and settles into his new life.

BARK BARK BARK.

Profile Email
Reverb
 Thursday, September 10 2009 @ 03:38 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

The people working on Targets aren't able to complete Mutants.

Complete? We mutants áre complete! Most of us even get spare parts!

"Censure acquits the Raven, but pursues the Dove." "So, that means i'm -always- innocent, right?"

Profile Email
Symar
 Thursday, September 10 2009 @ 04:43 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I was under the impression that the only incomplete part of mutants was a lack of scrapbots.

Anyway, targetted fighting is very neat, but I can't comment too much, as I'm doing too much damage with my sun gun to make targetting show any effects.

Profile Email
Reverb
 Thursday, September 10 2009 @ 05:36 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I've been able to use it on the Grunting Piggy, the lvl1 monster, and its works! That is, it claims to have given atk/def debufs to poor ol' Porky, but that cant be proven.

Note; Do NOT enrage the piggy. Its bad. Real bad.

"Censure acquits the Raven, but pursues the Dove." "So, that means i'm -always- innocent, right?"

Profile Email
Adder Moray
 Thursday, September 10 2009 @ 08:26 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

I took out the Whining Old-School Gamer's bag of dice.

It didn't end well for him.

Profile Email
Beeker
 Monday, September 21 2009 @ 12:29 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

I...

love

the typo gremlin's targets!

Profile Email
Symar
 Monday, September 21 2009 @ 12:45 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I hate Albert...

Namely because I had this happen:

You try to hit Albert but are RIPOSTED for 61 points of damage!
You try to hit Albert but are RIPOSTED for 155 points of damage!
The force of the blow sends you reeling, and knocks 16261 Stamina points out of you!

So, you get us used to Targeting with simple things, and then unleash pure hell upon us :p.
I think I'm going to stick to normal fights from now on O_o

I've had a couple other monsters where killing targets hasn't seemed to make a difference, and only served to injure me some more...

Profile Email
omenesia
 Monday, September 21 2009 @ 03:54 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: Symar

I've had a couple other monsters where killing targets hasn't seemed to make a difference, and only served to injure me some more...

Yeah, somewhere it's mentioned that TF can lead to bad consequences, or not be of any help, so you'd have to learn what's useful and what's not.

Lions. Lions the whole way up.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.68 seconds
New Topic Post Reply