Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Ideas and Shtuff!
 |  Printable Version
Anonymous: PeasOfCrab
 Friday, September 18 2009 @ 11:52 PM UTC (Read 2469 times)  

1) Using items (grenades) on Targets (Targetted fighting). Maybe a damage and/or stamina penalty as targets are hard to hit of course.
2) Asking before you discard anything of y value (maybe 300 Req or more when you bought it) or a special item (if we ever do get special items). You stare at the (item) in your hands. Turning it over you remember it cost you x Req to buy it. Are you sure you want to throw it away?
3) Different and more combinations of letter colors. Maybe a capital L or D signalling that the color is lighter or darker before inputting the actual color letter?
-Look here for more stuff. I may update this later, or not!

omenesia
 Saturday, September 19 2009 @ 01:05 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

As for 1) I'm not sure- and I haven't tried it- but doing a targeted attack and then using a grenade might do the trick. I've already noticed that any damage I deal during a TF round gets sent to the targeted area, even if it's from a riptose.

I will try to pay more attention next time I come across a targetable monster and use a whoomp grenade and see if that damage gets targeted too. (Then would it be improbably accurate fire?)

Lions. Lions the whole way up.

Profile Email
 Saturday, September 19 2009 @ 03:51 AM UTC  

Alright then, check it out and be sure to inform us of the results!

James Bond
 Saturday, September 19 2009 @ 05:50 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

I must say, like the concept, but for the actual reality of it...?
What would be more accurate, I think, would be that grenades affect all parts, separate ammounts.
Just for example: Throw a grenade at someone, and it will blow up wherever it lands. It will not only hit one part of said person, it WILL hit numerous parts.

Keep in mind, this is just from a realistic point of view. Personally, I love the idea, and my say of it might be a bit difficult to do, programming wise...

Profile Email
Reverb
 Saturday, September 19 2009 @ 08:01 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Not untill you invent sticky grenades folks.

"Censure acquits the Raven, but pursues the Dove." "So, that means i'm -always- innocent, right?"

Profile Email
Zekiel
 Saturday, September 19 2009 @ 12:51 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

I wonder what this would actually add... Then again, I only played Rank 1 so far, and all I ever use nades for is the Drive. (2 Zaps and a Standstill from my implant always does the trick.) Are grenades actually used that much?

If the world didn't suck, we'd fall off.

Profile Email
Reverb
 Saturday, September 19 2009 @ 01:23 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

They can be lifesavers, blasting your way out of a 1hp/1hp mexican standoff if you don't want to risk missing on that crucial round. At higher ranks, Zap and Whoomp grenades can be very helpfull in killing tattoo monsters, magpies, quest bosses, and the drive.

"Censure acquits the Raven, but pursues the Dove." "So, that means i'm -always- innocent, right?"

Profile Email
Zekiel
 Saturday, September 19 2009 @ 01:27 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the giant, magpie and Drive don't have targets? I'm yet to run into quest boss beasties, but I would imagine they don't have them either?

Profile Email
K.K. Victoria
 Saturday, September 19 2009 @ 01:55 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Zekiel

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the giant, magpie and Drive don't have targets? I'm yet to run into quest boss beasties, but I would imagine they don't have them either?

Nah, they don't have targets. Although, that may change in the future
(Here's hoping it does,)

But just because they don't have targets doesn't make them harder or anything. To the contrary, it may even make them more difficult. They don't have any weak-spots you could pray on.

Higher levels, these guys are some pretty heavy hitters, so having five turns of free shots on them is a very very good deal.

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
Zekiel
 Saturday, September 19 2009 @ 01:59 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Neglecting point 2 and 3 raised by the thread starter, the point at hand here is making 'nades usable on targets. I asked what's the point, and so far stand inconvinced going through the trouble of coding nades for targetted use would add a lot of gameplay value... Admitted I am now further convinced of the use of nades, selective though their purpose may be.

Profile Email
Reverb
 Saturday, September 19 2009 @ 01:59 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

It's been my understanding everything will eventually have targeting options.

But i dont find it likely you can BANG, WHOOMPH or ZAP just one part of a creature.

Profile Email
Zolotisty
 Saturday, September 19 2009 @ 03:47 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Quote by: Reverb

It's been my understanding everything will eventually have targeting options.

But i dont find it likely you can BANG, WHOOMPH or ZAP just one part of a creature.

Not the case, I'm afraid, just as you cannot collect meat from Thin Air.

Anyway, I'm opposed to the notion of grenades as compatible with Targets. It doesn't make logical sense and because there are already ways to speed up combat hidden throughout them, it strikes me as superfluous. If you're interested in immobilizing a creature during a Targeted fight to bash at one part of it in particular, nothing's stopping you from throwing a ZAP generally.

BARK BARK BARK.

Profile Email
Reverb
 Saturday, September 19 2009 @ 03:53 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Let me rephrase that; "Everything that actually has discernable, hittable parts will have targetting options"

Heh. Try picking the right head on the tattoo mutant Razz

Profile Email
Zekiel
 Saturday, September 19 2009 @ 04:36 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

I usually go for the one that drools the least. My zombified donkey is giving enough of a hygene debuff.

Profile Email
Reverb
 Saturday, September 19 2009 @ 04:40 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Actually, i tend to run, hide, and cry like a little girl untill it goes away.

Profile Email
 Sunday, September 20 2009 @ 05:34 PM UTC  

Thank you for your replies. In response to the discussion over 'nades, perhaps they (other than ZAP) could do a substantial damage to the targets, as well as the monster.

Does anyone have anything to say on the other two topics?

Pinche Cabron
 Sunday, September 20 2009 @ 07:29 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: PeasOfCrab

Thank you for your replies. In response to the discussion over 'nades, perhaps they (other than ZAP) could do a substantial damage to the targets, as well as the monster.

Does anyone have anything to say on the other two topics?

I learned something new about PoC. Until I read the topic title, I never realized he had a typing impediment. I don't mean to make you uncomfortable, Peas, but my brother is a speech therapist and he might be able to help you out with that lisp.

I actually have a concern similar to that of grenades on targeted creatures, and that is the use of BFG in targeted fighting. Most of the time, when using the sun gun (as an example of a BFG) and choosing a target, the sun gun KO's the creature before damaging the target. Is it the intention that targeted fighting is only for lesser weaponry?

And to slightly get back to the subject of grenades, I'd like to see a GONADE. (Hat tip to PoC for inspiring this.) It's effect could be to cover your enemy in, uh, tapioca pudding, thus blinding him and slowing him or her down. Death by Bukkake.

Profile Email
 Sunday, September 20 2009 @ 08:19 PM UTC  

Actually all the credit goes to Zekiel for 'nades. Unless you're referring to the use of "Gonads", in-game. No one really uses that word. And thanksh for the tipth. I'll thee that doctor for my lipsth.

I hate to ask, but what's a BFG?
Big... F-in'... Gummybear?

Zekiel
 Sunday, September 20 2009 @ 09:27 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

I actually imagine a Gonade to be more like a smokebomb kind of thing. As in, you pop the nade, and go somewhere else, praying whatever you popped it at goes another direction. If not a smokebomb, perhaps the Gonade could cause a small field that will teleport whatever's in it to a random place in the island's improbability bubble. The effect would be the same - you end the fight. Think of it like a One-Shot Teleporter, except that you use it on someone or something else, and that you can't choose where it goes.

Profile Email
Reverb
 Sunday, September 20 2009 @ 10:08 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: PeasOfCrab

Actually all the credit goes to Zekiel for 'nades. Unless you're referring to the use of "Gonads", in-game. No one really uses that word. And thanksh for the tipth. I'll thee that doctor for my lipsth.

I hate to ask, but what's a BFG?
Big... F-in'... Gummybear?

Blue Francoise Gremlin.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.59 seconds
New Topic Post Reply