Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Legacy Forums: Season One > Equipment Ideas New Topic Post Reply
 Gifting in New System
 |  Printable Version
Dutchdoor
 Tuesday, June 24 2008 @ 08:42 PM UTC (Read 1523 times)  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Just wondering. In the new system, when better equipment is available after multiple drive kills, might it be possible to make a "gift" option available as an initial option followed by the search field to find candidates for gifts, THEN picking the gift that's available to them? As it is now, if someone of a higher level scrolls down and picks something, they pick gift then get the search field. If someone isn't able to receive a gift of a higher level, that will mean a pretty fair amount of back tracking and trial and error to find out what a person can and can't receive (given that person has, like me, a poor memory and can't remember what was available at an earlier level). As someone who likes to blow his wad of cash before a drive kill on random pieces of armor, it would be terribly inconvenient to get a message, "That person isn't a high enough level to receive your gift" and then have to start the whole process over again. Does that make sense? I don't know if it's possible to switch up the way the gifting system works (or if it would be too much trouble to be worth it), but it would be awfully nice if there was some way to NOT have the option to gift someone who is unable to receive it (eliminating unqualified players from the search would be another tactic if the old system stays in place, but I think it would be nicer to be able to find a newbie to give a gift to, then find a gift that is available to them after that). Anywho, just a thought.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.11 seconds
New Topic Post Reply