Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Hall of Fame category: average DK rank?
 |  Printable Version
Zpatula
 Thursday, October 01 2009 @ 10:49 PM UTC (Read 1177 times)  
Forum Badass
Badass

I'm rather proud of my average DK rank, yet there is no place in the Hall of Fame to record such accomplishments - or have I missed it?

I'm assuming that since this is already calculated for the personal bio page that it would not be difficult to add to the Hall.

---------------------

I Killed Pineapple.

I ATE PINEAPPLE!

Profile Email Website
Pinkpuppy
 Friday, October 02 2009 @ 06:02 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Well, in the spirit of unelightened self-interest, I'd like to propose a scheme that highlights me (but unfortunately, even more Derander): I'd like to see a weighted DK count. Using an average lets those hoi-poloi newbies on the list, which of course isn't acceptable to the slightly less hoi-poloi, like me.

Also, and more to the real point, using an average of the DK ranks says that a Rank 2 kill is twice as valuable as a Rank 1 kill and, in particular, that a Rank 7 kill is only 40% harder than an Rank 5; which, for anyone who has attempted a Rank 7 kill, is laughable beyond comprehension.

Being slightly less facetious for a second, I don't think there is a good way to weight the ranks, so I don't think this is practical. But if we were to try, maybe something like DKs 2-4 being weighted 20% higher than the previous, DK 5 40% higher that 4, DK 6 40%higher than 5 and DK 7 300% higher than 6. Of course, after the 70 game days I spent on my Rank 7 DK, I may a slightly warped view of Rank 7...

Profile Email
Derander
 Friday, October 02 2009 @ 02:49 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Colour me interested in this as well, yes. (Gee, what I surprise)

More numbers and categories are interesting. Am I the only one who misses the S1 personal statistics page?

Also, 70 days for your rank 7 run, Pinkpuppy? Thanks for mentioning that, now I don't feel too bad about the 40 I've spend on mine thus far. Smile Provided I make it to the end, of course...

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Friday, October 02 2009 @ 02:54 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

The HOF is gonna change dramatically pretty soon. Some people will probably want to lynch me for the changes I'm going to make. Mr. Green

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.19 seconds
New Topic Post Reply