Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Master fights
 |  Printable Version
omenesia
 Friday, October 02 2009 @ 06:15 AM UTC (Read 1385 times)  
Forum Contender
Contender

I've been wondering if it's possible to just skip the round by round combat when fighting your master(s).
There's nothing you can do to alter the outcome that I've ever seen, You can't target, you can't insult, and there's really little reason to pick any of the 4 options one has (Standard Fighting, 5/10 round auto, to the death) except to fight to the death.

I can understand if it's not doable, or not without a lot of code work (and it's really not a problem as it is, to warrant that much time and effort invested) but it's something that might bring down the number of pages needed to be loaded on the server.

Lions. Lions the whole way up.

Profile Email
Pinche Cabron
 Friday, October 02 2009 @ 09:17 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: omenesia

I've been wondering if it's possible to just skip the round by round combat when fighting your master(s).
There's nothing you can do to alter the outcome that I've ever seen, You can't target, you can't insult, and there's really little reason to pick any of the 4 options one has (Standard Fighting, 5/10 round auto, to the death) except to fight to the death.

I can understand if it's not doable, or not without a lot of code work (and it's really not a problem as it is, to warrant that much time and effort invested) but it's something that might bring down the number of pages needed to be loaded on the server.

I always just fight to the death, which gives you the results on one page. I know that's not what you're getting at, but I always figured that the Masters were giving me purely martial training (and that's why buffs didn't apply).

Profile Email
Beeker
 Friday, October 02 2009 @ 11:29 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

I do what Pinche does, and always use "To the Death" for the dojo fights.

In fact, this is the only time I ever use "T" (well, except when I press it by accident and say... whoah, how did he end up dead? darn it, I hit "T" instead of "R" again!)

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Friday, October 02 2009 @ 02:02 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

I think that's what everyone does in the dojo... except for Rookies who are meeting the masters for the first time.

I still remember doing round by round fighting there as a raw Newbie. Experiencing the tension, reading every line anxiously, my fingers crossed the whole time. Will I, will I make it?

So I don't think those links need to go. They aren't doing any harm -- and they make those first nervous encounters with the dojo more memorable.

Profile Email
Giuseppe Lorenzo
 Friday, October 02 2009 @ 02:24 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Count+Sessine

I think that's what everyone does in the dojo... except for Rookies who are meeting the masters for the first time.

I still remember doing round by round fighting there as a raw Newbie. Experiencing the tension, reading every line anxiously, my fingers crossed the whole time. Will I, will I make it?

So I don't think those links need to go. They aren't doing any harm -- and they make those first nervous encounters with the dojo more memorable.

Hard to believe you were once Newbie Sessine.

Profile Email
Symar
 Friday, October 02 2009 @ 08:12 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Ahh, but unless Things Have Changed, doing a multi-round attack option in a Master fight expends stamina.
At least, it did last time I tried one.

Profile Email
Pinche Cabron
 Saturday, October 03 2009 @ 11:39 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Symar

Ahh, but unless Things Have Changed, doing a multi-round attack option in a Master fight expends stamina.

It still expends our stamina, but I think it saves the server a small amount of stamina (fewer page loads).

Profile Email
omenesia
 Sunday, October 04 2009 @ 03:44 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: Pinche+Cabron

Quote by: Symar

It still expends our stamina, but I think it saves the server a small amount of stamina (fewer page loads).

Err, yes. That was the idea I failed to convey. I'm aware that I can use the fight to the death option, I was just trying to ask if there's a reason to keep the other ones, so as to reduce the amount of page loads that happen during master fights. Obviously it's not likely to be a huge change in resources consumed, but if it can help -and it's not hard to do- I figure it can't hurt to ask about it.

Lions. Lions the whole way up.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.48 seconds
New Topic Post Reply