Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 II Shop?
 |  Printable Version
Cath
 Friday, October 02 2009 @ 07:36 PM UTC (Read 4831 times)  
Forum Badass
Badass

So, I know that in the past there was some movement to create an II shop with merchandise, something on cafepress, or the like, where price over cost would go towards the server costs and keeping CMJ alive.

With the larger group of people now playing, I feel this would be even more viable than in S1. I think that with a variety of designs and products varying in price, it would be fun.

Personally, I wouldn't mind an "Improbable Enquirer" t-shirt.

It would require someone to design it, run it (if CMJ didn't want to deal with it) etc... but I think it would be fun. We could even get suggestions for what sorts of things to carry.

If this is still around somewhere, I'd love to know where, if not, is it an interesting enough idea to people to create something like this?

I'd be willing to take care of some of the management, if that's what's needed. I'm not great with design, but if the "jobs" are segmented, there's less for each person to do.

Profile Email
Cath
 Tuesday, October 06 2009 @ 12:33 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

So, should I consider a lack of response a lack of interest or a lack of anything to add? I have a difficult time imagining that this topic has had 50+ views and no one has anything to say.

I know that tons of people donate to the site... I do. I suppose I just thought it would be interesting to have something to show for it.

Apparently, on Zazzle, you can make custom stamps... I don't think that anything in the world would be cooler than II stamps... but maybe that's just me.

Profile Email
XaNe
 Tuesday, October 06 2009 @ 12:36 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Well, I would have replied sooner, but I just found this topic now!

I think its an excellent Idea, I would love to have an Improbable island T-shirt or something. I say go for it...or speak to the people who can...whichever works...

Some people see the glass as half full, some people see it as half empty, I just spit in the cup until it isn't a problem anymore.

Profile Email
K.K. Victoria
 Tuesday, October 06 2009 @ 12:53 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I've already expressed that I would buy every product in the shop in that previous thread. All that remains is for CMJ to put it in motion.

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
Giuseppe Lorenzo
 Tuesday, October 06 2009 @ 03:07 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

You have no idea how badly I want an Improbable Island tshirt/mug/calender/novella. You could make a killing!

Profile Email
Reverb
 Tuesday, October 06 2009 @ 10:23 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Oh yes! Mercydice!

And a few years from now we'll all be attending the local ImprobaCon, and our doom will be sealed henceforth.

"Censure acquits the Raven, but pursues the Dove." "So, that means i'm -always- innocent, right?"

Profile Email
K.K. Victoria
 Tuesday, October 06 2009 @ 01:25 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I spend hours a day on this game, even access it from my phone when I'm feeling the shakes. My doom is already sealed.

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
Zekiel
 Tuesday, October 06 2009 @ 02:14 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: K.K.+Victoria

I spend hours a day on this game, even access it from my phone when I'm feeling the shakes. My doom is already sealed.

I share your sentiment, and would do the same were I to possess a cellphone with intarwebz linkage. I shall gladly face my FailBoating doom at the soonest ImprobaCon.

If the world didn't suck, we'd fall off.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Tuesday, October 06 2009 @ 04:04 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Quote by: Giuseppe+Lorenzo

You have no idea how badly I want an Improbable Island tshirt/mug/calender/novella. You could make a killing!

Caveman Joe Banned My Ass From Improbable Island and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt?

Profile Email Website
K.K. Victoria
 Tuesday, October 06 2009 @ 04:37 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: CavemanJoe

Caveman Joe Banned My Ass From Improbable Island and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt?

Bam!

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Tuesday, October 06 2009 @ 05:07 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

BAM!

Profile Email Website
XaNe
 Tuesday, October 06 2009 @ 05:24 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Somewhere, chef Emril is having a sneezing fit.

Some people see the glass as half full, some people see it as half empty, I just spit in the cup until it isn't a problem anymore.

Profile Email
K.K. Victoria
 Tuesday, October 06 2009 @ 05:48 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

In all honesty though, Joe, I would really throw down the money as a pre-order, for an II t-shirt.

That one that you had designed, not the Caterpillars in Vagina, nor the 'You have encountered...' shirt, the other one. With the 'Hair-Brained' symbol and the flourishes and all that.

Actually, that would be a good way for you to protect yourself, rather than ordering a hundred of those shirts or whatever and then getting stuck with fifty because I was only fanatical enough to buy three... (Assuming that others are just as devoted, accounting for the other forty-seven, of course.)

How about a date, where you take the money ahead of time, say before October 31st, consolidate the orders for whatever designs, have them made, then ship them out?

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
Angua
 Tuesday, October 06 2009 @ 06:17 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

I'd even just love a shirt that said "Something improbable!"

Maybe with the hare-brained logo small and on the back :-p

Profile Email
Aeridus
 Tuesday, October 06 2009 @ 07:01 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

I wonder if there would be any issues sending an Improbability Bomb through the mail? Laughing Out Loud

Profile Email
Reverb
 Tuesday, October 06 2009 @ 07:23 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

"She is watching."

"Do you accept my broth?"

-Improbable $#$ Enquirer-
----------Ban This Sick Filth!----------

"One Caveman, Three French Hens, Seven Filthy Midget Thieves, and a Bazillion Skidges."

Mmmh moderate at best. I'll come up with something better later...

"Censure acquits the Raven, but pursues the Dove." "So, that means i'm -always- innocent, right?"

Profile Email
Ebenezer
 Tuesday, October 06 2009 @ 07:36 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Quote by: K.K.+Victoria

In all honesty though, Joe, I would really throw down the money as a pre-order, for an II t-shirt.

That one that you had designed, not the Caterpillars in Vagina, nor the 'You have encountered...' shirt, the other one. With the 'Hair-Brained' symbol and the flourishes and all that.

Actually, that would be a good way for you to protect yourself, rather than ordering a hundred of those shirts or whatever and then getting stuck with fifty because I was only fanatical enough to buy three... (Assuming that others are just as devoted, accounting for the other forty-seven, of course.)

How about a date, where you take the money ahead of time, say before October 31st, consolidate the orders for whatever designs, have them made, then ship them out?

I too would be willing to pre-order a fantastic t-shirt.

Profile Email
Jon Bishop
 Tuesday, October 06 2009 @ 08:01 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: CavemanJoe

My life is complete.

Profile Email
Anonymous: Escemfer
 Tuesday, October 06 2009 @ 10:55 PM UTC  

Hell yes. Can I spend money on this now?

I want a golf t-shirt. Improbable Island Inaugural Golf Tournament.

I want clan t-shirts. I hear ROGUE was recently recommended by 8 out of 10 dentists.

I want a t-shirt with a graphic of the Drive that says "Tea Time!"

A t-shirt with a graphic of a dragon, subtitled "Blair Hippo"

"I Sold My Soul To Horatio For These Pants"

"I feel charming!"

"You have encountered the Evil Hippogriff of Power, which lunges at you with Ultimate Power of the Evil Hippogriff of Power!"

Cath
 Wednesday, October 07 2009 @ 12:35 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Escemfer

Hell yes. Can I spend money on this now?

I want a golf t-shirt. Improbable Island Inaugural Golf Tournament.

I want clan t-shirts. I hear ROGUE was recently recommended by 8 out of 10 dentists.

I want a t-shirt with a graphic of the Drive that says "Tea Time!"

A t-shirt with a graphic of a dragon, subtitled "Blair Hippo"

"I Sold My Soul To Horatio For These Pants"

"I feel charming!"

"You have encountered the Evil Hippogriff of Power, which lunges at you with Ultimate Power of the Evil Hippogriff of Power!"

This is why I thought it would be better to go with a Print on Demand system.

If you're dealing with pre-ordering, and all that, you have to deal with stock, minimums, size issues, what to do with returns, shipping stuff yourself, all of that.

Print on demand, while more costly gives whoever is in charge less to worry about. The other benefit is the wider selection of items. Rather than being stuck with a single design on a single item, you can have a collection of designs, as many as you can come up with, on a variety of items, as many as are available on the site you choose. There's no overhead cost, no requirement for people to "preorder", no waiting for payments, no dealing with shipping and "I know where you live" issues.

Seriously, if you haven't already, check out the selection of items.

Not that there's one right or wrong way to do this, I feel that this option is better suited to the situation.

And, as I've said, if someone gives me the art and the go-ahead, I'm willing to spearhead the handling of the shop with the money going directly to CMJ's Paypal account. I'm not going to do this unilaterally, because I feel this definitely needs CMJ's blessing and I don't want anyone to think that I'm just in it for the money, because I don't see myself as getting any. It's just the easiest way for me to feel helpful and fulfill the interests of the island's residents.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.71 seconds
New Topic Post Reply