Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Legacy Forums: Season One > Equipment Ideas New Topic Post Reply
 Weapon idea: Rabid Weasel on a Stick
 |  Printable Version
Anonymous: Jimmybobjoebobjim
 Wednesday, October 07 2009 @ 11:01 PM UTC (Read 2868 times)  

Just your average rabid animal duct-taped to a stick. Hey, its not so bad. I could've used staples.

Attack +25

1000 Requsition and 0 Ciggarettes

let me know what you guys think.

K.K. Victoria
 Wednesday, October 07 2009 @ 11:33 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

An attack of +25 for only one-thousand reck? That'd be an ungodly weapon, man.

The Chainsaw is... What, 11k and is only +15 attack.

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
Cath
 Thursday, October 08 2009 @ 12:00 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

What if it had the chance to bite you, improbably, which would send you to the FB immediately. There is no cure for rabies, only a treatment.

That might even out the cost/return on it. It would also have to majorly debuff your charm... say... 50 points and possibly buff your defense a bit (like the rusty chainsaw). No one wants to get near a maniac with a rabid animal.

OR

It could have a regular attack of... say 6, but if it actually manages to bite the creature you're fighting (randomly) it would instantly be killed. Downside, it can also kill you, plus the buffs/debuffs mentioned above.

Profile Email
Symar
 Thursday, October 08 2009 @ 12:37 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

+6 Attack, with a -20% defense on yourself (hold it too far away form yourself so you don't get bit, so it hurts your defense?)
And... it needs something else. A round-limited attack buff or something.

Profile Email
Chimental
 Thursday, October 08 2009 @ 02:15 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

+6 attack

-25 charm

and a 40 round 50% attack increase and a 20% defense decrease (The weasel eventually tires out and falls asleep, leaving you essentially with a stick.)

During the 40 rounds there is a chance to instantly kill you or your opponent and decreases the opponent stats (Like the zombie donkey)

I make the many models of a mutant individual. To make them I use vegetables, animals, and minerals. From robot bugs to zombie bears to many singing barnacles.

Profile Email
Zpatula
 Thursday, October 08 2009 @ 04:01 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

I've sucessfully reverse-engineered the weapon, armor, and HGB pricing models used in the game, and so can evaluate the price of suggested items.

No current weapons have a numbered-rounds defense decrease, so I can't evaluate that -- but if we call it a fixed -1 defense:

6 attack, -1 defense, -25 charm, 40 rounds of +50% attack should cost 5495 req.

P.S. - some of the items at Shielas are incorrectly priced. Example: the Sun Gun is priced as if it had +25,000 stamina per day, but it actually has -25,000.

I ATE PINEAPPLE!

Profile Email Website
Reverb
 Thursday, October 08 2009 @ 04:22 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Plus one or two ciggies, for having an in-battle effect.

"Censure acquits the Raven, but pursues the Dove." "So, that means i'm -always- innocent, right?"

Profile Email
Zpatula
 Thursday, October 08 2009 @ 07:19 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

I haven't figured out the ciggies. Some weapons have a cig price but no in-battle effect (eg Granny's Knitting Needles) while others have an effect but no ciggy cost (Flail, Budget Horse's Tail). The number of cigs is also an unsolved variable.

Oh, and a 25 attack weapon with no add-ins should cost 31,250 req.

I ATE PINEAPPLE!

Profile Email Website
Reverb
 Thursday, October 08 2009 @ 11:24 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

As far as i can determine, 25.000 stamina points (aka one jungle fight or 2.5%) adds one ciggie to the price. I'd have to take a closer look at atributes to make more comparisons. The combat/asault armors might be good material to extract data from...

"Censure acquits the Raven, but pursues the Dove." "So, that means i'm -always- innocent, right?"

Profile Email
Zpatula
 Friday, October 09 2009 @ 03:20 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

I think ciggies are more complex than that. The 9mm Uzi adds 7 cigs but only adds 50K stamina. The Soul Sucker is also 7 ciggies but adds no stamina. Cig costs may very well be arbitrary.

I ATE PINEAPPLE!

Profile Email Website
Reverb
 Friday, October 09 2009 @ 05:19 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I can't see the more ... interesting.. weapons yet, but im sure theres a reason for that.

Anyway, as far as i can tell, stamina will always introduce a cigaret cost. That doesnt mean other things won't do the same, of course. That 9mm uzi will have two of its ciggie cost coming from the stamina boost, and the remaining five from its other effect(s)

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.78 seconds
New Topic Post Reply