Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Legacy Forums: Season One > Everything Else New Topic Post Reply
 An invite for an invite
 |  Printable Version
CavemanJoe
 Thursday, October 29 2009 @ 07:21 PM UTC (Read 1881 times)  
Forum Admin
Admin

Some of you have the Timed Combat ability, which is still very much in beta and works on the principle of players teaching other players. I would like a Google Wave invite (their API looks verreh eenterestink). Perhaps we can come to some arrangement? Mr. Green

Profile Email Website
Bernard
 Thursday, October 29 2009 @ 07:46 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: CavemanJoe

Some of you have the Timed Combat ability, which is still very much in beta and works on the principle of players teaching other players. I would like a Google Wave invite (their API looks verreh eenterestink). Perhaps we can come to some arrangement? Mr. Green

a) I have your B3ta. I have one perfectly timed something or what. The rest has been disappointing so far, either I have come early or I have missed the proverbial..

b) What is this Google Wave?

Profile Email
Paul Lo
 Thursday, October 29 2009 @ 08:18 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

What is that topic doing here? Ah well...

1)Timed Combat: I honestly don't like it.

Think about it: a reflex/time-based buff where (I think) planning for your next moves let you live longer? And where lack of timing is actually handicapping?
Not a berry berry good thing.

I like playing either slowly or swiftly, following my own whim, not a timer's one.

Gar grar, grumble. That's my opinion.

2)Google Wave: I only know a little what it is after searching. Can't say anything about it.

Yes, I have a dream, of electronic sheeps and linen bedsheets. But that's not the point. Or isn't it?

Profile Email
Paul Lo
 Thursday, October 29 2009 @ 08:58 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Sorry for the double post, editing time is up.

I want to add for Timed Combat that real-time counting would make it easier to use, but the skill is still out of place.

Yes, I have a dream, of electronic sheeps and linen bedsheets. But that's not the point. Or isn't it?

Profile Email
Stanlygirl
 Thursday, October 29 2009 @ 09:12 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Is this the object of your search?

Google Wave is currently in a limited preview. Request an invitation.

http://wave.google.com/help/wave/closed.html

Profile Email
Fergus
 Wednesday, December 16 2009 @ 12:58 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but since you (CMJ) never seem to check your distractions I figured this thread would be the next best thing: I recently got into the preview of Google Wave and would be happy to invite you (or anyone else) if you do not yet have it. I just need an e-mail.

For those that still don't really know what Wave is, I'll do my best to describe it from what I've seen: It's sort of a cross between an e-mail and a wikipedia page. Rather than a whole thread of replies to an e-mail, there's one big 'wave' (kinda like a document) that records when and who edited what, which you then 'playback' as you go edit by edit to catch up to where the conversation is now. You choose who gets to see and edit the wave, which can be broken down into 'wavelets' with specific people (basically, side conversations about the subject). It breaks down further to 'blips' but I'm still kinda confused about that part.
That's only one of the main things about Wave and they do a much better job describing it than I can. It's a lengthier and a hard-ish subject to grasp so it may take a little time - heck, I don't fully understand it yet - but If it sounds interesting to you, I suggest you leave your e-mail so you can be invited and check it out yourself.

Profile Email
K.K. Victoria
 Wednesday, December 16 2009 @ 01:16 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I do believe I have a few spare. Lemmie check.

Edit: My bad, I didn't realize that this was an older topic. I thought maybe CMJ had posted this again because he didn't get an invite the first time or something.

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Wednesday, December 16 2009 @ 01:18 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

I'm on Wave. It's a wonderful shiny new tool that I have yet to find a use for. Razz

Profile Email Website
K.K. Victoria
 Wednesday, December 16 2009 @ 01:24 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

S'exactly how I felt about it.

"Oh, this is right interesting. What the Hell do I do now?"

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
Anonymous: Freya
 Wednesday, December 16 2009 @ 01:53 AM UTC  

Sadly, I've had the same feeling about Wave. Was so excited to get into the closed testing. Great fun playing around with it. Then sat back and thought - now what the hell would I actually use it for?

Content generated in: 0.37 seconds
New Topic Post Reply