Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Low priority wish list
 |  Printable Version
Daedalus
 Friday, October 30 2009 @ 01:57 PM UTC (Read 2009 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I found myself recently thinking "I wish there was ...

1. ... an ATM/EFTPOS type facility in both eBoys and Sheila's so I didn't have to go traipsing back and forth to the Bank to get additional funds and/or deposit change. To be consistent with the whole Island post EMP thing, perhaps a set of vacuum pipes, carrier pigeons, helper monkeys, (whatever) could carry documents to, and cash from, the Bank.

2. ... a counter to advise how many Special comments I have remaining, to avoid the embarrasment of having it post as "Daedalus says /special ..." At this stage I think I still have a couple left, but I'm not going to use them in case I've lost track.

3. ... a system of Visitor passes to Clan Halls. Clans could then invite guests to Clan events, have Open Days, show off exhibitions, etc. Visitors would not be able to contribute to buffs to prevent being cajoled or coerced into making donations. Passes could require a senior clan member's approval to retain control.

Even if they don't happen I feel better for having gotten them off my chest, as it were.

D.

The lunatics are taking over the asylum! Come with?

Profile Email
Zolotisty
 Friday, October 30 2009 @ 02:27 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Quote by: Daedalus

2. ... a counter to advise how many Special comments I have remaining, to avoid the embarrasment of having it post as "Daedalus says /special ..." At this stage I think I still have a couple left, but I'm not going to use them in case I've lost track.

FWIW, Daedalus, if you try to post a /special when you're all out, it won't post. It'll give you an error message when it refreshes the commentary for you, informing you that you are out of special and please buy some more. (It doesn't ask you that, actually, it just tells you, 'hey you are out of special.')

I like all of these suggestions!

BARK BARK BARK.

Profile Email
Pinche Cabron
 Saturday, October 31 2009 @ 01:30 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I found myself recently thinking "I wish there was ...

1. ... an ATM/EFTPOS type facility in both eBoys and Sheila's so I didn't have to go traipsing back and forth to the Bank to get additional funds and/or deposit change. To be consistent with the whole Island post EMP thing, perhaps a set of vacuum pipes, carrier pigeons, helper monkeys, (whatever) could carry documents to, and cash from, the Bank.

3. ... a system of Visitor passes to Clan Halls. Clans could then invite guests to Clan events, have Open Days, show off exhibitions, etc. Visitors would not be able to contribute to buffs to prevent being cajoled or coerced into making donations. Passes could require a senior clan member's approval to retain control.

Even if they don't happen I feel better for having gotten them off my chest, as it were.

D.

I would love numbah 3, since many of my best Island friends are in different clans. (I actually have figured out a way to sneak into clan halls not my own, but it is quite risky and troublesome.) However, absent a system of passes, it would still be neat to allow clans to have "Open Houses" for parties, especially around the holidays.

Profile Email
Daedalus
 Sunday, November 01 2009 @ 06:31 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

FWIW, Daedalus, if you try to post a /special when you're all out, it won't post...

Thanks Z.

I have seen at least one "(name) says /special ...." and guessed that it was because they'd run out of /specials, but in hindsight it was just as likely to be formatting errors, etc.

I actually have figured out a way to sneak into clan halls not my own ...

Ree hee eealy? Care to share that little trick, Pinche?

D.

The lunatics are taking over the asylum! Come with?

Profile Email
Zekiel
 Sunday, November 01 2009 @ 11:20 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

I actually have figured out a way to sneak into clan halls not my own ...

Ree hee eealy? Care to share that little trick, Pinche?
D.
And let the admins know how to close them off? You really think so? Laughing Out Loud Pinche's a sneaky bastard, but he's not stupid. (Well, not as badly as many people, anyway. Rolling Eyes )

If the world didn't suck, we'd fall off.

Profile Email
omenesia
 Monday, November 02 2009 @ 09:10 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Not really so much of a wish, but it would be nice if the inventory weight bar had a finite limit of the length so it won't get so long that it makes the screen too wide. Normally the width is fine and my browser window comfortably fits everything. But when I have an inventory of ~150kgs (in a 40kg backpack) it pushes the left side bar over enough that it makes horizontal scrolling necessary.

Lions. Lions the whole way up.

Profile Email
monsterzero
 Tuesday, November 03 2009 @ 02:48 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Pinche+Cabron

(I actually have figured out a way to sneak into clan halls not my own, but it is quite risky and troublesome.)

Alts.

I'd really really like custom weapons and armor to show up in the character bios. How else is anybody ever going to know you've got custom armor? (And yeah, I know it's on the to-do list already.) Gotta give people good ways to use up their DP, so they buy more, right?

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Tuesday, November 03 2009 @ 06:30 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Just a word on alts and clan halls...

Trying to sneak in to spy on someone else's private doings is sure to create ill feeling when discovered. Don't do it, please. When a moderator notices what you're up to, we aren't likely to keep your secret. People should be able to speak in their clan halls with the expectation that only clan members will hear them. Hidden alts undermine that expectation, and drive people to discuss any real clan plans in some out-of-game forum. (That doesn't solve the problem, of course -- people can lie their way into those, too -- but it still undermines the value of clan halls and therefore damages the in-game experience.)

There are good roleplaying reasons for using an alt to enter some other clan's hall, but... all of them involve informed consent from the host clan's leadership. That's just common courtesy.

Invited guest-alts are fine. Alts accepted into a clan under false pretenses are not.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Tuesday, November 03 2009 @ 07:02 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

You know, guys, it would be trivial to build a bio link that showed a player's alt characters. Mr. Green

Profile Email Website
K.K. Victoria
 Tuesday, November 03 2009 @ 08:53 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Although, Joe, many of the things that people who use alts for in roleplay use the whole "My character doesn't know them" part. I'd be nice if there was a 'Player page,' for it to have that, but not on the 'Character page.'

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
Pinche Cabron
 Tuesday, November 03 2009 @ 09:07 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Count+Sessine

Just a word on alts and clan halls...

Trying to sneak in to spy on someone else's private doings is sure to create ill feeling when discovered. Don't do it, please. When a moderator notices what you're up to, we aren't likely to keep your secret. People should be able to speak in their clan halls with the expectation that only clan members will hear them. Hidden alts undermine that expectation, and drive people to discuss any real clan plans in some out-of-game forum. (That doesn't solve the problem, of course -- people can lie their way into those, too -- but it still undermines the value of clan halls and therefore damages the in-game experience.)

There are good roleplaying reasons for using an alt to enter some other clan's hall, but... all of them involve informed consent from the host clan's leadership. That's just common courtesy.

Invited guest-alts are fine. Alts accepted into a clan under false pretenses are not.

I'd never dream of using an alt to secretly infiltrate a clan. Seriously. Besides which, this would totally defeat my purpose of infiltration to begin with, i.e., glory and other character motivations. No, my method is totally allowed by the game mechanics and also falls within accepted RP practice. Stay tuned.

Profile Email
Reverb
 Wednesday, November 04 2009 @ 02:06 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Oh dear god, he's sleeping with the clan receptionist..

"Censure acquits the Raven, but pursues the Dove." "So, that means i'm -always- innocent, right?"

Profile Email
Pinche Cabron
 Wednesday, November 04 2009 @ 02:25 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Reverb

Oh dear god, he's sleeping with the clan receptionist..

It's not what you know, it's who you know. Wink

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.49 seconds
New Topic Post Reply